Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Nburwell
Default Sign & Sail account question

I'm cruising with a good friend of mine, and we're not related at all. For the sign & sail account, it has space to just put one persons credit card information. However, we want our own seperate accounts, so that he can charge the purchases he makes to his on card and vice versa. Do you think that Carnival will allow us to split up the sign & sail account, so that my friend can charge everything on his card and I card charge my purchases on my credit card? If so, should we contact Carnival before embarkation? Or should we just wait until we check in the day of our cruise, and ask the person at the check-in desk? Thanks!

Carnival Legend
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2004, 05:54 PM
cruisingbear

Default Re: Sign & Sail account question

You can each sign up for your own sail and sign card/account. You shouldn't have any
problems. You will need a credit card or be able to put cash down to be held for future
expenses.
Happy Sailing.................
Old May 15th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Passenger

Hasn't your friend got his own cruise documents? Normally each member of the travelling party (hubby,wife,kids) has their own document to fill in with space provided for their credit card details. What we do is to just use my card and the rest of the family pay me back (keeping their receipts of their expenditures)once we get home. We find it less complicated this way.

Old May 15th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Passenger

No, the cruise was was all charged on my credit card- granted he did pay me for his portion of the cruise. I wouldn't have a problem with just putting the sign & sail on my credit card, but I'm nearing my credit limit, and I really can't afford to have him and I charge our purchases on my card. Hence one of the reasons why we want our seperate sign & sail accounts.

Carnival Legend
Old May 15th, 2004, 07:03 PM
First Mate

Yes you can each have their own account. You can do it in one of two ways; wait until you chech in and just infor them you want separate accounts or you can make a copy of the blank application and each fill out your own. One exception woul be if you order anything in your room ie alcoholic drinks, soda etc., that amount will go on the account of the one the room is registered to.
Old May 15th, 2004, 07:25 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

what about drinks at the bar? When you say in your room are you refering to room service?
we have the same issue - two seperate sign and sail accounts.

Old May 15th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Carey, I think jedgar means if you order room service. It shouldn't apply if you're at the bar and order drinks. So, for instance, if you were to order room service to your room, then the stuff you ordered would be charged to your sign & sail account (granted the room is registered in your name).

Carnival Legend
Old May 15th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Yeoman

Room service (food and prepaid beverages) is included in the price of your cruise, unless you order soft/alcoholic drinks or bottled water.
Old May 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to sumblonde

Ooooh, so all room service is free unless you get soft drinks or alcohol? What, do they have a menu in the room you can order from? Don't know why but I was thinking room service was extra...

Old May 16th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Admiral

On our trip 2 weeks ago, I initially put me, hubby, son & Mother In law on my credit card...we upgraded to 2 rooms instead og quad (Thank goodness) when we got to the pier check in to embark... my mother in law pulled out her card for her OWN s & s account... since my son stayed in her room, we just added his acct to ours... he felt so grown up (13 / turned 14 last day of trip) - he would charge whatever he wanted... when we got home, he gave me his receipts & cash to cover some of his souvenirs... most of them we covered.. but we thought it was great on his part to be responsible for his own goodies !