Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ERAU123 Send a message via MSN to ERAU123
Default FYI...Make sure Carnival has your Past Guest #

Just for FYI, make sure Carnival has your past guest number at either embarkation, or once you get on at the Pursers desk. I called them about my past guest number, did the Fun Pass, added it into my profile on the Carnival website, all before I went, months ahead, and they did not have it in the ships computer system. It was a bummer, when on the 4th day of our cruise (Destiny 2 weeks ago) we were watching the Travelog on TV and came accross the past guest party that happened the night before. Come to find out like I said before they didn't have our numbers, and therefore didn't invite us. It took a few comment cards and a couple of trips to the pursers desk, to get a response and an answer why. It was on the last day at 8pm, we got our answer why and apology, our pins, a bottle of champagne, and a nicely written letter (on Carnival letterhead I must say) from the head purser.
Thankfully a nice ending, but just hope it doesn't, and of course I don't want it to happen to any of you.

Mark

Carnival Fascination 1/24/03

Carnival Spirit
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: FYI...Make sure Carnival has your Past Guest #

Since I am STILL waiting for my past guest number (we cruised in January) and have been told I probably won't get it until June, I plan on calling my TA and getting her to actually talk to a HUMAN at Carnival.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old May 17th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Whiteknight

It's not necessary to have your past guest number. I've taken 4 cruises with them in the last 2 years and I just told them at check-in that I was a past cruiser and didn't know my number and I've received an invitation every time. Evidently, it's in their main computer system.
Old May 18th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carnival website won't accept my past guest number. It keeps saying that number has been assigned to someone else.

It doesn't matter though. At the terminal, the person at the counter asked if I'd sailed with Carnival before. "Yes," I replied, "and my guest number is..."

"It doesn't matter," she interrupted, "we just need to know if you've sailed with us before."

We were invited to the past cruisers' party.

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Admiral

The person at the counter said the same thing to me - "It's in the computer," but I didn't get an invite to the past guest party.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:14 AM
First Mate

Carnival told me that it takes about 3 to 4 months to get a pass guest number assigned. I am still waiting for one.
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ERAU123 Send a message via MSN to ERAU123

I think the point of the past guest number is to recognize the past guests correct? I shouldn't have to tell them every place I go, what my number and status is. If I have done everything I can before I go which is what you do as a frequent flier with an airline, (give when you book or go online or calling the airline directly) that should be enough. I know I am rambling on, but I think it is a valid point, and I deserve recognition as being a repeat customer. I work for a major airline here in the US, and I know how important it is as a basic customer service responsibility to recognize a past guest.
On another note, everyone on this site said the past guest party would be on the second formal night. I wasn't actively looking for the party til then, but I was going through the Capers everyday and nothing was said about it. Maybe nothing is said about it, except for the invite, I still don't know, but the party was not on the second formal night (Sunday cruise, second formal night on Thusday). The party was on Tuesday night. Also, trying to put things together, I received a bottle of champagne in my room at embarkation. Thought nothing of it at the beginning, since many people get the free bottle, and many first-timers get the bottle as well. But the friends who went with us, their first time didn't get a bottle, so I then thought it was a gift for being a past guest. Must not of been, I still don't know how they assign the free bottles of champagne. I was never asked at check in!! As you can see, and I am sorry for rambling again and if it not clear, but I did everyhting that I as a passenger could do, and even looked at signs before and during the cruise to see that they nknew I was a past guest.

What else?

Mark

Carnival Fascination 1/24/03

Carnival Spirit
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

If you want to go to the Past Guest Party, just check yes on the "I have sailed carnival before" on the ticket. We were past guest, but went with a family who wasnt, they checked yes even tho they havent sailed Carnival and they got an invitation!! I dont think they really check for numbers, just the little check mark on the ticket. This may have changed since June 2003, and we were on the Carnival Pride

-Rob
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:28 PM
SuzieQuzie

We also checked the past cruiser box on our sign in papers. Didn't have a number then but still got invite. Figured it was from checking the box. The next cruise we took was on Royal Caribbean. Also checked the past cruiser box (although had not cruised on them before) and got an invite to past cruiser party.

I guess it is checking the past cruiser box that helps send the invite. The other cruiser's invite could have been slipped under the wrong door maybe. Or the person checking them in forgot to check it in the computer.

I am jealous of the free bottle of champange. Never have gotten it whether it was our first or not. Going on 5th cruise in July. Maybe I'll get lucky this time. Oh well, just getting to cruise is good enough.
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Passenger

They do NOT check past guest booking numbers. As stated, all you have to do is check the box on the form that says "I have sailed Carnival before" and you will automatically get an inviataion delvered to your stateroom..ours was on our bed one afternoon.

Nice reception..Captain and his entourage was there to greet us as we went in to the lounge. Drinks and food galore. It was nice. Free drinks? Of course we were there!
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Admiral

On our last 2 cruises we weren't required to give them our past guest number. They have it in their computer system and those who are past guests get invites. I have never had to tell them I'm a past guest. It was always taken care of behind the scenes and we've gotten our invites promptly.

Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Well, look at it this way, at least they didn't forget that you were now PLATINUM......Yes, my last cruise was #10 (#1 was before the loyalty program and was listed in my profile). I never thought it odd my card was in the general check in area and when the first night when by and no Platinum gift or letter was left in my cabin I was baffled. I went down to Guest Services, no I didn't use the VIP line cuz there was no one else in line, and asked if my name was on the list. Sure enough, my name was not in their system as Platinum and of course, not on any of the lists.

I was annoyed that they somehow managed to remember to have VIP on fun pass and did give me the Platinum card, but ugh, ya forget everything else....

Past guest party is fun, but the food and drinks are hard to come by and when they do, grab two or three drinks at a time!!!!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old January 22nd, 2011, 09:57 PM
Familiar Face

Had a similar situation a few years back when my son (same name only a Jr.) took his first cruise. He was actually recognized as me on that cruise. It took the entire 7 day cruise to get it straight. Actually had hem booked in the room with his mom and me with his fiance, it was a mess. The major issue for me was his sail and sign card was charging to my credit card. The problem was when he turned 18 I started putting Sr. behind my name and they didn't recognize me as the same person as before. That's all straight now and I don't have to worry about paying for all his Bud Light only my wife and I's.