Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:33 PM
scott dearing

Default Daughter will turn 2

My wife and I are planning a cruise next October and will be taking the mothers-in-law (yes that's right, both of them) our twins (who will be 4) and our daughter who will celebrate her second birthday during the cruise. Was wondering if Carnival will charge us a child's rate for the baby since she will be under two when we board. If they do charge, will she be able to attend Camp Carnival. Saving a child's fare sure would help the pocketbook.
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:02 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Daughter will turn 2

Can I sail with my infant?

Infants must be at least four (4) months old to be eligible to travel, due to their vulnerable health. This is a company policy which takes into consideration the safety and comfort of the infant as well as the other guests. Carnival has fully researched the legality of the policy and it is not discriminatory and does not violate any applicable law. Carnival will not make exceptions and do not allow for the signing of waivers or releases to make an exception to the policy.

Fly-Aweigh infants (4 to 23 months of age) will be charged the "Cruise-Only" rate as long as the infant sits on a parent's lap on the airplane. If an airline seat is requested by the parent, then the infant will be charged the standard Fly-Aweigh rate. When an infant reaches 24 months of age, an airline ticket is required by the airlines.

By looking at this statement if shows that if you book flight with them they will not charge for the child on the flight however it also says Cruise only will be charged so it looks like yes you will have to pay for your 2 yr old also. Maybe others will have more info for you.

Old May 17th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Every person on a cruise will pay the cruise fare regardless of age. She will not be able to go to Camp Carnival until she turns 2. There are no child rates only 3rd. 4th and 5th passenger rates.
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:50 PM
elationismyship

Regarding Camp Carnival - since she is turning 2 on the ship - just take her for the Carnival orientation meeting and tell them she is 2. Then they will take her for free and you'll be set. You'll be glad you did because you'll want that time for yourself and your spouse.