Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Passenger

Default 90% of cruisers will have great time

IT BOTHERS ME!!!!!!!!! I just returned from my families first cruise ( 7-day triumph western carr.) it was INCREDIBLE.....the thing that bothers me is people!!! For months leading up to my cruise I read every review and every post posssible.....seemed like every other review had multiple complaints....one of the many complaints I read about the Triumph was stained carpet...woopie.....so before I left I had it set in my mind to invesatigate those "stained" carpets.....GUESS WHAT!! one very important thing was never mentioned on the message boards while complaining.........YOU ARE ON VACATION we boarded on the vessel on Saturday......Can you believe that it wasn't until Thursday afternoon after we returned from beautiful Jamaica.. that the carpets crossed my mind.....I remember I was waiting for my elevator and bing CARPETS and my investigation so I glanced down saw no stains and that was it.....My point is you are on vacation and life is great I had too much eating napping swimming napping eating to do GET THE POINT your cruise is what you make it.........sure I ran into some minor problems and they were fixed....even if they werent I refused to let anything ruin my vacation with my daughters I saaved too much money and worked to hard not to enjoy it YES I went on vacation refusing to have a bad time not allowing negative things to bother me for more than a minute mor two....and I did what I wanted with my family and had the best 7 days of my life so my point is to the 90% of the people you will have a wonderful time and for the 10% of the coplainers OH WELL you will find something to hate some type of food what was "sub-par" an employee who didn't greet you with a huge smile and shoot even mother nature willl screw you with an overcast day boo hoo complainers and for the other 90% enjoy enjoy enjoy
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:56 AM
venice

Default Re: 90% of cruisers will have great time

well stated !!!!
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

BRAVO!!

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Jwillard

Good Job! I say, Let he who does not have an occassional dirty home throw the first stone.
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Passenger

I totally agree. My family and I will be leaving on the Celebration soon. I read alot of negative reviews, but was convinced by co-workers who love the ship, to book her anyway. I am like you, I have saved too hard and waited too long for my first cruise! I am determined to have the best time of my life!!!

Old May 19th, 2004, 05:32 PM
SusanE.

Hey-- how can a sunny gal like you let the complainers get you down?

Folks are all different, some are more affected by minor things than others, like how something smells or looks, while others are blessed with the ability to let it go. There was an article in the LA Times recently about vacations and how in our busy lives, they rarely live up to our expectations. I think cruising can bring a new level of disappointment because you are on a ship and you can't just change hotels if things aren't the way you like them.
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Passenger

complainers don't get me down I enjoy life....just is kind of funny how some people will let stuff ruin a vacation of a lifetime.....I am a bellman in Las Vegas......and every day I meet some people that are grumpy pissed off and there vacation hasn't even barely started for those people (10% I was refering to) there is nothing anyone can do they are just miserable people. In my first post I mentioned how it bothers me (people that is)...well I should have said it boggles my mind not bothers me........have a wonderful day and for the 90% have a great great cruise
Old May 19th, 2004, 08:56 PM
First Mate

I figure that you can't please everyone all the time. Enjoy. Life is to short to worry about little things.
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to leahmichele

If it wasn't the carpet it would have been something else. People who are that stressed out are annoyed by the least little thing. I like to call it "The Last Straw Effect".

Sensation
Old May 20th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Probably more like 95%!!!

Grand Princess 2-2001
Grand Princess 12-2001
Carnival Paradise 3-2002
Carnival Destiny 10-2002
Golden Princess 10-2003
Carnival Legend 6-8-2004
Golden Princess 10-22-2005
Crown Princess 10-27-2006
Crown Princess 9-15-2007
Caribbean Princess 5-2-2010
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:55 AM
First Mate

Couldn't agree more!

Old May 21st, 2004, 11:39 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

I had to respond to this ! I am so looking forward to my first cruise! and yes i've read things to about different ships etc. not living up to their specs. But like it was said--it's your vacation! and i whole heartly agree with what's been said--having said that--I can't wait for NO phones, No interruptions etc. to be out on the sea with just me and DH for 7 whole days!--that's days that he doesn't have to work! and he can relax!! and who cares about the little piddly things--no matter what it will be a far cry better than what we've ever been used to!!! that's for dang sure!! and we plan on 100% enjoying ourselves to the MAX!!!
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:43 AM
maho

oops
I forgot to check out the carpets on my
last cruise

guess I'll have to go back!!!

Old May 26th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Passenger

In my opinion, being a "first time cruise" , I think cruising is something every person should try at least once ...I just got back about 3 weeks ago...it was the best 7 day of my families life
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MikesMom

lol very good post. It's human nature for people to complain i guess and shhhhhhhhhh don't talk to the people who asy you MUST wear a gown and a Tux on formal night. I got blasted on a post for saying i would not force my 13 year old son to wear a suit OMG is this the worst thing in the world????????????? I don't think so
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Dorothellen

We took out first cruise on the Fantasy in 2000. Due to plane delays we arrived only 30 minutes before we sailed. As we entered the atrium I was disappointed because no one was there to greet us (Where was Julie and Gopher - we joked?) My first impression of the cabin was not the greatest. Being claustrophobic it seemed small (for me, my DH and 2 teenagers) and I wasn't crazy about the color scheme. The lifeboat drill was new to us and it was not my favorite part of the cruise (hot and crowded).
Having said that I will now say it was possibly our best vacation to date. Once we got acclimated to our surroundings and started relaxing and having fun I no longer cared what color my cabin was and the size was not a problem. It was a great cabin and I wish I were there right now. We all agreed the 4 day cruise was too short and wished we had booked a 7 day. The Fantasy will always hold a special place in my heart - being our very first cruise.
DH and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on the Glory this Fall and we plan on having the best time. We will go with a positive attitude and not let anything spoil our 2nd honeymoon. I do not plan on looking for spots on the rug - I will be too busy focusing on the beautiful blue carribean water. I don't care what any one else wears to dinner - as long as DH and I look good that's all that matters to me.
I understand that some people may be more critical than others - but the bottom line is you are on vacation to relax and have fun - so just make the best of the situation and enjoy yourself. A positive attitude can make all the difference.
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:58 PM
New Sea Girl

Can I get an Amen!!??? Well stated.
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Passenger

A very, very bad day on vacation is still better than the best day not on vacation - I don't get the complainers either - just out to spoil everyone elses fun I suppose. Well stated "T".
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CherylS

It's not a matter of complaining, it's a matter of having taste. Some people like Sizzler type food and that is what Carnival offers. i just feel that people should be warned. Carnival is the Sizzler of the Sea!
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Happy Camper

Sometimes I will be a little detailed when explaining my comments - some times they sound negative (such as on the Celebration) but if read carefully you will see I always say I had a great time and I always do BUT I know many are picky so I try to give my answers as honestly as possible with as much detail. Many people are very picky and you hear so many complaints on a cruise - MANY are about how much they paid - who cares - you are there and it is fun - at that point it is priceless!!! Debbie
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: 90% of cruisers will have great time

You must have been on a different cruiseline than I was on.

The Big Red Boat 1990
Imagination 2000
Holiday 2004