Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:48 PM
First Mate

Default The Pride

I was just trying to get some info about the Pride I have posted before w/ no reply.Does any one know about the deep sea fishing??? And about the decor ive heard dif. stories anyone have pics? How about the dinner club?Which night club/bar is the best without all the smoke??Is the bingo pricing the same on all the boats?any more info wouldbe great .....Thanks Shelly

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: The Pride

Hi Shelly,
I went on The Pride when it was doing the Caribbean. Can't help you with deep sea fishing.
I can tell you that of all my Carnival cruise, The Pride has been my favorite so far. We had a wonderful time. The entertainment was fantastic, food selection in the Mermaide Grill was wonderful. I just loved it all! You can go to the photo galleries and get lots of pics. of the Pride. Not sure what it's titled, but I saw some a while back cuz I wanted to show my friend who just got back on Sunday. They had an awesome time as well!
Not sure if all bingo prices are the same on all the ships. We had fun though.

I think it was a beautiful ship. YOu'll see the pics. and decide if YOU like it.

Feel free to email me. I'll try and answer as much as I know or I can try and find it out for you.
I just checked the photo gallery. On Feb. 12th, Harry Martin posted some wonderful pics. of the pride. They're title something like Pride Photos. But this will give you an idea of what it looks like.

Happy Cruisin!
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:07 PM
BonnieN

Hi Shely:
The Pride definitely has some far out decor. Hopefully you don't mind nude women because they are all over the ship (paintings on the walls, elevators, etc.), as well as plastic statues of nudes in the Beauties Disco. Small kids might be shocked!
good sailing, Bonnie
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:13 PM
First Mate

Thank YOu for answering my last post went unnoticed..I dont mind nude women pics and im sure my 14 yr old wont but wondering about my 10-11 ...Well theyll just have to cover their eyes if they dont like it I guess.Im sure well have a great time we are not oblivious to the fact that thats what we look like w/ no clothes on so lol... Thanks again for your replys ................Shelly

Old May 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Whiteknight

I seem to remember the decor to be a combination of the sea and mythology. I remember mermaids, Greek statues of men and women and other things that made me think of the story of Atlantis. I thought it was one of the best decors that I've seen on a cruiseship.
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Passenger

Shelly....To be totally honest with you, I really didn't notice anything totally outlandish EXCEPT in David's the Supper CLub. Oh my.... He was just standing there with everything hanging out! But kids probably would NOT be going into David's.

The rest of the ships decor was fine. A bit too Las Vegasish for US....I like things a bit more subtle..but it was okay.

I have a listing of all the excursions and their prices for the Mexican Riviera....is that the one you want?

As far as the clubs or discos.....we went to Beauties and to the Ivory Bar....as the night wears on ALL get smoky....but when they first open they aren't bad at all. VERY fun! Everyone is very nice and the crew (uniformed officers, social host, etc) will come in, too. Had a great time with them!

Bingo was $10 for 3 cards on the Pride when we went. Not sure if it is that way or not on all ships.

Hope that helps!
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Passenger

Had a cruise on the Pride at the beginning of this month. I agree wiht what the other posters have said- there is nudity in the decor, but depending on your personality, it will determine if it's too much. It didn't bother myself or my husband. I highly recommend loking at the photo galleries here and type in Pride in the search to view great overviews of the ship. Bingo prices for my cruise were $10 for single bingo card and $20 for a triple card. There are deep sea fishing excursions available in the ports, can't remember if you can in Cabo though. The price for those excursions are usually the more expensive of the excursions and you can't bring any of the fish back on board that you catch. Hope this helps and good luck!
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:49 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: The Pride

jrsred8, you are right..it was $20 for the triple card...NOT $10.....we never won though. But the anticipation of possibly winning was fun!
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Seems like everyone answered Shelly's questions.

I agree the Mermaids Grille has a fanastic selection (don't miss the deli sandwiches -- my fave).

Lots of bronze on the ship in the atrium etc.

Love the aft pool -- perfect for relaxing!

And the fishing excursion was outta Cabo.

Hope that and my photos of the Pride will hemp -- just search under Harry Martin

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!