Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:17 PM
mnhenderson

Default Columbus, Ohio cruisers-amazing airline deal!!

Hey Buckeys!
I just got airfare to Tampa for $149.00 round trip.Southeast flys out of Rickenbacher to St. Pete. I know these are smaller airports,but I think that could be a plus. Our friend works at Rickenbacher and has good things to say about this airline.I checked around and could not find anything less than $242.00 for our October sailing.I saved about $300.00 on the 3 tickets I just wanted to share my good fortune with the rest of you Buckeyes.You can find them at flyseal.com Happy Cruising!! Mariann
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:20 PM
venice

Default Re: Columbus, Ohio cruisers-amazing airline deal!!

great deal but have a back up plan just in case..very often these new upstart carriers have great fares but if there flight takes a mechanical or cancels, the other airlines won't accept their tickets. Ask you friend how it works when the flight cancels. Also, just a suggestion, go in at least one day before your cruise just for peace of mind

if you ever want to see someone experience stress, watch them when they leave on the day of the cruise, bad weather or a mechanical happens and there is no back up

but thanks for the tip. my brother lives in columbus and my son who is in the air force was just assigned to wright patterson afb in dayton, so i was thinking on flying from new orleans to columbus on southwest and then drive to vist my son and his wife and my first grandson
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:30 PM
mnhenderson

Default Re: Re: Columbus, Ohio cruisers-amazing airline deal!!

Thanks for your concerns.We always travel a day prior and come home a day later.We feel better that way.Southeast has been doing bussiness since 1992. I did some research before I booked.I have read almost no negative information on them. It really is a small world.(I have an uncle in Dayton) I hope you find a good rate for your trip. Mariann
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:50 PM
venice

thanks, I looked them up on their web page and it really works because my son's mother (my ex wife) lives in Newburgh NY, which Southeast serves so I called her (we have a good relationship) and she was excited so she'll be able to see her grandson this summer
smart man to go in a day early and give yourself a day on the other end...have a great cruise
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Yeoman

I'm also from Ohio, so I have to tell you of my good deal. Our small airport in Youngstown, Ohio just began charter service again on April 1. If flies Vacation Express from Youngstown to Orlando/Sanford, 4 days a week, 1 flight daily. They had a promotional special buy one, get one free in march. I got a great deal of 4 round trip tickets for $356.00 from Youngstown, to Orlando/Sanford. We then rented a car at the airport, stayed w/our Aunt in Deltona, then drove to Tampa.

We sailed the Sensation last Monday, and returned on saturday. Picked up a car from Tampa airport, and the Alamo rental co. shuttled us to and from the port free of charge. We ended up paying under $100. for both rentals. It made the deal to great to pass up. We had a wonderful time with our son and his friend!

If we search for deals, and are flexible, we can find some great ones!

Post Edited (05-19-04 16:08)

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:23 PM
mnhenderson

Default Re: Re: Columbus, Ohio cruisers-amazing airline deal!!

Debbie, WOW!! I thought I got a good deal.(I did)
Did you have a good time on your cruise? We are going on this same cruise on the Sensation in October. Any tips and info about your trip would be great. I am getting ready to book a stingray excursion and can not decide which one. Did you have kids? Our son is going to be almost 9 and I wondered how camp was at this age.Sorry about all the questions. I am just excited. Thanks,Mariann
Old May 22nd, 2004, 10:26 AM
kimmiesue

I just wanted to let you know, you have saved my family of 13 over $1300. We are from the Pittsburgh Pa area so it will be about a 3 1/2 hour drive but well worth it!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! We are flying out on December 21st so were looking at easily paying $300 per person!