Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:46 AM
First Mate

Default Paradise review - nearly done!

Okay, so I'm currently writing my review, and I'm already 12 pages into a word document. Is anyone going to read through that much text? I'm trying to include as much information as possible, but I'm not yet done and already have that many pages.

Is anyone going to read through this thing, or am I wasting my time? :o)

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:56 AM
venice

Default Re: Paradise review - nearly done!

your likely audience that would want to read a document of that length, would be a first time cruiser on the ship that matched your profile (i.e did you take your kids with you, your age group etc.), so you might want to make a general post that states they can e-mail you if they want to have a copy of it.

to write 12 pages either you had a great time or a horrible time. People's nature beng what it is would want to invest more time in reading about a bad experience.

the other humble suggestion is your review is actually cruise therapy. once you get it all out on paper, put it aside for a couple days and then go back to edit it down. Of course you could write a book or sell the rights to make a movie and have julia roberts play you (smile)
Old May 20th, 2004, 11:01 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Paradise review - nearly done!

Haha, yes, "Paradise: the Jennifer Vail story" I can see it now...

Well, I had a magnificent time, which is why I'm pouring every detail into it. Now it's 14 pages, and I still have another port to write about.

I just know that when I was planning, I wanted all the information I could get my hands on, but I'm funny that way. I may have people email me if they want it, or I could just put it as an attachment instead of copying the whole thing out into a message box.

Thanks for the input, venice! :o)

Old May 20th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Paradise review - nearly done!

Jennifer .......you need a job.........haha
Old May 20th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Paradise review - nearly done!

I am anxiously waiting for your review! I will be sailing on Paradis on 8/1 and we do have a 9 yr old son who is going with us. I am very interested in all you have to say. I too have been trying to research the ports as much as possible as it didn't seem like too much that kids would be interested in other than at Nassau. I am so glad that you had a great time. If you don't post it all please let me get a copy.
So have you booked another one yet?
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Paradise review - nearly done!

drkw28 - Yes, I do! I just graduated a week and a half ago, and I'm actively looking :o)

mj - You will love it! If you do the Powerboats in La Romana, your kids will love it. There were some children on that excursion and they had a blast. We haven't booked another one yet, we're waiting until I find a job and see what kind of vacation time allotments I have :o) But we will be crusing again.