Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Dorothellen

Default ships "theme" song

We took our first Carnival cruise on the Fantasy in August 2000. As we were leaving Pt. Canaveral they played the song "Fantasy" by Earth, Wind and Fire. It was soooo cool. Now everytime I hear that song it makes me smile 'cause I remember what a great time we had on our cruise. Do they still do that?

We are going on the Glory in October and I was wondering if they have a "theme" song they play as you leave port? How about any of the other ships - do they each have their own signature song?
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2004, 05:41 PM
theCoach

Default Re: ships "theme" song

Funny how that is about a song.

I'm not sure of other ships but when we disembarked the Jubilee (which was a bit of a rought ride) I swear I could here Celine Deone...."near, far, wherever you are...."

I'm just glad we didn't hear it on embarkation.
Old May 20th, 2004, 05:43 PM
jamiegunter

Most ships have a big deck party when they go out, so there is no telling what music
they will be playing. I still love DIsneys horn, tooting When u wish upon a star!
Old May 21st, 2004, 07:55 AM
TexCroozer

By the time we arrived back at our home port I was so sick of the song "Hot, Hot, hot" that I thought I would scream if I heard it again!
Old May 21st, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

It's a tie between two songs, but not because they're played at departure. Every cruise I have been on so far, at some point, the waiters sang "Funiculi Funicula" and danced to "Macarena."

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!