Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Contacting Carnival

Does anyone know of an email address I can use to contact Carnival? The one on their website will only let me write a couple of sentences. I would prefer to use email as then I will have written confirmation of what they tell me.

Thanks.

Paula
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Contacting Carnival

Try guestinfo@carnival.com.
That's where I get replies from when I ask questions through the website.

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Contacting Carnival

Thanks so much, I'll try that.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 03:35 PM
cruisingbear

Just to let you know, I emailed with questions 2 months ago and haven't received a reply
yet. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Happy Sailing...................
Old May 23rd, 2004, 03:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yikes. That being the case do you have any advice on how I can document what the Carnival people say when I talk to them on the phone? I have a couple of rather important issues regarding my husband's green card and I'd hate to be denied boarding because of them.

Thanks.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 08:58 PM
HOSKI

I also can not get Carnival to respond to my emails, however, when calling ask them to please email you the answer. If they do not want to then tell them to email spouse as he wants confirmation from Carnival not you.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:44 PM
First Mate

Paula
why don't you just contact Immigration as they are the ones that set the rules, not Carnival.
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

It is not unusual for them not to respond to emails. I imagine they get so very many. I would write a letter and send using U.S. Mail. It is more apt to get read, less apt to get shuffled. Companies just have certain ways of doing business .......

Grand Princess 2-2001
Grand Princess 12-2001
Carnival Paradise 3-2002
Carnival Destiny 10-2002
Golden Princess 10-2003
Carnival Legend 6-8-2004
Golden Princess 10-22-2005
Crown Princess 10-27-2006
Crown Princess 9-15-2007
Caribbean Princess 5-2-2010
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

You must contact immigration and NOT Carnival in regards to a green card issue. It is not Carnival's place to advise you on anything about that except what they require to board the ship, it is your responsibilty to find out if he needs anything else. Here's their policy regarding it.

Non-U.S. citizens must contact the appropriate consulates, U.S. Embassy and U.S. Immigration office to inquire about necessary travel documentation. Carnival assumes no responsibility for advising guests of Immigration requirements. All Non-U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents must surrender their passport and/or Permanent Resident cards at time of embarkation. These documents will be returned upon completion of the Immigration inspection.
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

to clear things up it actually is a carnival issue. My husband's actual green card is expired but he has a letter from the INS stating he has been extended a year while paperwork is being processed. I need to know from carnival if this is going to be acceptable or if I need anything else.
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

As long as he has a letter from the INS he should be ok but again you need to call the INS to make sure he can leave and re-enter the country with the letter. I am a green card holder and when mine expired they stamped my passport with a temporary green card stamp. I would also make sure he has a valid passport with him. He should still check with INS to make sure that he doesn't need a visa to enter any of the countries you'll be visiting. Some foreign citizens still need visas to visit certain countries.
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Phoebe-

Thanks for the info. We are very familiar with the green card limitations and travel restrictions. The letter is considered an extension of the green card and the rules don't change any. It's just a matter of making sure, after all this planning, Carnival will let him board. I am trying to cover all my bases and make sure I have something directly from Carnival that says he can get on with the documentation we have, or tells us of other information we need. I would not be a happy camper if we were turned away at the pier. He does always carry his valid passport as well, and we are covering the other bases with the Mexican consulate, ins, etc. As a green card holder I'm sure you know what a nightmare any kind of travel can be, and how much planning, research and preparation go into every trip.

Paula