Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Coffeeman64

Default Facination - 6/7/04 - Beach for kids in Cozumel?

My wife and I are taking our 2 girls (11 & 6) on their first cruise on the Fascination in June. Can you recommend a good "Family" Beach in Cozumel that offers both decent snorkeling for the grown-ups and some good ole fun beach and swim time for the kids? My wife and I have been on 4 cruises before and have fallen in love with the whole snorkeling scene. Our daughters are a bit timid with the idea, so we are wanting to find a place where the wife and I can get a little snorkle time in and where the girls can get some good fun in the sun with any new friends they may make. I heard Chankanaab was good. Any thoughts?

Carnival Fascination: Western Caribbean - 06/07/04
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Facination - 6/7/04 - Beach for kids in Cozumel?

Coffeman:

We were at Chankanaab Park in April and my kids had a great time there (10, 12 & 15). We did two excursions there and the kids also snorkeled right of the beach. There are steps leading down into the water and you need to be careful because they are slippery. I posted a review under member reviews. It's under Carnival Inspiration if you want to take a look. Hope this helps.

Darcy
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Coffeeman64

Default Re: Re: Facination - 6/7/04 - Beach for kids in Cozumel?

Thank you Darcy! Sounds like a good spot. I'll be sure to take the beach shoes.
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Facination - 6/7/04 - Beach for kids in Cozumel?

Chankanaab is a great place! But, there's only one small area where you can actually wade into the water with small children. Take a look at the pictures I posted titled "Glory 2,28,2004" and you'll see what Darcy and I are speaking about. I certainly don't want to discourage you, just want you to know what to expect.

Old May 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Coffeeman64

Default Re: Re: Facination - 6/7/04 - Beach for kids in Cozumel?

Thanks for that info. I see what you mean...there doesn't appear to be a direct walk in from the beach. It all seems elevated by limestone "cliffs"...with steps leading down into the water. Is that the way it is throughout the entire area? How deep is the water where you walk in from the steps?

Thanks