Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:40 PM
teach

Default Cozumel

I am wanting some opinions from those of you that have taken your own taxi to Chankanaab park. Do you think it will be safe to do that with 3 single women? We are just curious if this is a safe alternative from booking with the cruise line. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:42 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cozumel

Yes it safe, I am 23 and did it last year on my cruise. Never felt unsafe!!

Michele

Fascination
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:32 AM
First Mate

I agree..it's safe to take a taxi to and from the ship in Cozumel. Just make sure that the driver understands where you are going and that you agree on a price before getting into the cab. (Last I saw it was a $10 taxi ride - not including tip - and $10/pp to get into the park.) There are taxi cabs waiting outside the entrance to the park as well - to take everyone back to their ships.

Edited to add: Or take a taxi to the shopping district the ship recommends before taking one back to the ship. The selection is a bit larger than what is offered at the pier.

Post Edited (05-25-04 00:34)
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:42 AM
First Mate

I don't recall any excursions to Chankanaab offered through the ship. It's definitely safe to take a taxi on your own. It's about a 10min ride from the pier. I think the park opens at 10:00AM, admission was raised to $12pp, and the taxi fare is $10 per car load. The fares are clearly posted on a sign were the cabs gather. Coming out of the park, look left, and you'll see all the cabis. It looks like a union meeting. It's a beautiful place! Take a walk around the paths to see the orchids in bloom and be sure and take your swimsuit. There are places to change and snorkeling equipment available for rental. Hope you like Iguanas!

Old May 25th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Susan2u

Default Re: Re: Cozumel

Hi,

You might also want to check out Paradise Beach in Cozumel. There is no admission fee, the beach is beautiful, nice lounge chairs and umbrella are free as well. I am including the site for you to check out. I did Chankannab last year and just did Paradise Beach in May. Paradise Beach was by far my favorite place so far and I have been to Cozumel 3 times already. The cab fare is $12 each way.

http://cozumel-beach.com/
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:39 AM
teach

Default Cozumel

Thanks for the great suggestions and the links to the websites!
Old May 25th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

teach asked:
<<I am wanting some opinions from those of you that have taken your own taxi to Chankanaab park.>>

I've never taken my own taxi, because they wouldn't let me bring on board. However... I have hired one at the dock. Worked out quite well, and we actually found it a bit more convenient than having to bring our own.
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Passenger

Chanakaab rocks! It's the best in Cozumel and extremely safe!