Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Behey

Default Bargain Motel in Galveston with Parking and Shuttle Service?

I would appreciate any reccommendations! We are leaving on the Celebration in August. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Bargain Motel in Galveston with Parking and Shuttle Serv

We stayed in the Holiday Inn on the Beach in Galveston (they do have a leave your car rate but we flew in so we didn't have to leave the car - but they do offer this as many people there checking-in with us were leaving their car. They have a free shuttle to the pier in the morning so we booked our time slot upon arriving and had no issues with the hotel whatsoever. This is a great hotel going through renovation and everything was very nice and clean. Very helpful front desk and the pool area was very pretty. You could walk to the Rainforest Café, etc. but their shuttle would take you there and back too.
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Tuscani

The Holiday Inn is nice. We left on our cruise on Superbowl Sunday so most places were booked. We stayed at one of the older hotels. I can't remember the name right now but I wouldn't really recommend it. I know that sounds helpful...My point is, unless you want luxury (The Galvez is one of the oldest, most beautiful hotels) then stay with the larger chain hotels like Holiday Inn, Ramada, etc. Also, if you're going to park there, confirm with the hotel whether they have their OWN shuttle bus or if they just pay for your taxi. Our hotel paid for a taxi which was clean, etc but if was only 1 specific taxi company. So, when we got back, waited in the taxi line, then we found out they to call this particular taxi company. It was kind of disappointing.

Anyway, Galveston has a web site with all the info you need. You can book online through Galveston tourism or you can call an 800 number for them or call the hotels directly.

Have fun!

Tuscani

Grand Princess 112704 (1st Anniversary!)
Elation 020104 (Honeymoon!)
Holiday 103102
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Behey

Thanks a lot, I found this place called Commodore on the Beach.. they have a family room and since we are 8 ppl looking for a deal we will prob go with their family room.
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Check out biddingfortravel.com. It may be of some help.

Grand Princess 2-2001
Grand Princess 12-2001
Carnival Paradise 3-2002
Carnival Destiny 10-2002
Golden Princess 10-2003
Carnival Legend 6-8-2004
Golden Princess 10-22-2005
Crown Princess 10-27-2006
Crown Princess 9-15-2007
Caribbean Princess 5-2-2010