Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Passenger

Default Carnical Pride 8/8

Looking for people who have been on the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise. Any tips on which shore excursions are best? Also, preferred hotels in Long Beach that will keep our car for the duration and shuttle us to the pier? We are first time cruisers leaving August 8th.
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:09 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Melanie
Default Re: Carnical Pride 8/8

We did the 7 day last November. We stayed at the Coast Long Beach hotel. $140 for one night and breakfast the next morning for 2. They kept the car and took us to the ship. We also have stayed at the Holiday Inn. They also kept the car and took us to the ship. The Holiday Inn is downtown. $100 per night. The area wasn't that great but the hotel was fine. Coast Long Beach is a very nice hotel and is so close you can see the Queen Mary from the hotel.

We only did ship booked excursions in Puerto Vallarta. First time was the countryside tour, second was the city tour. Both were interesting. In Mazatlan, we did horseback riding with Randi's Happy Horses. Not a ship booked excursion but she is very reputable and a character to boot. We had a great time and are going to book with her again this coming November.

I would also be interested if anyone has any other suggestions of hotels in the area who will keep the car and shuttle you to the ship for less than $100 a room. We have to pay for three rooms this time so I would like to find the least expensive place that I can. I am thinking of trying priceline and then just paying to park. Not sure yet.

Melanie

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Carnival Pride - Nov 2007
Paradise - Sept 2005
Carnival Pride - Nov 2004
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Carnival Pride - Nov 2003
Elation - Nov 2002
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:12 PM
candy

we were on the pride 7/2002 when it was on the east coast. sure wish she was back in fla. so we could go on her again. she is a BEAUTIFUL ship.
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Passenger

Stephen-
Had our first cruise this month on the Pride to Mexico. We had a great time! I still have all the papers for the excursions for the Pride if I can help. i believe that you can look up excursions on the carnival website to get a description of what is offered. There is plenty to do, fishing, city/counrty tours, dolphins, beach resorts, ATV, canopy tours, etc.

Our TA recommended the Coast Long Beach hotel for an overnight stay. we decided to just drive down early the morning of embarking-we live about 3 hours north.

You will have a fantastic time in Aug on the Pride!

Let me know if I can help.
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:53 PM
jq

Default Re: Re: Carnical Pride 8/8

We were on the Pride 7 day cruise to Mex Riv in Feb. We stayed at the GuestHouse International which is in just off the highway in LB. It was about $75 per night (AAA), three stars, included breakfast, and they had a shuttle to QM and Carnival terminal. They did not charge us extra for leaving our car there for the week. It took us about 15-20 minutes to go back and forth from the hotel to the QM as we went down earlier to tour there since we didn't know if we had time on our Sunday cruise day.
I have also read a lot about the LB Coast Hotel and they have a similar package for about $140-150 per night and they are closer. But we were satisfied for what we got as it was clean and not too old. We don't spend much time in room.

As far as excursions go, we have been on Sierra Madre tour in Matzatlan to see small town and areas outside of big city. Also did Randi's Happy Horses this trip on Stone Island in Maz. Great time and good bargain. See her website.

For PV, the prettiest of the three ports, we have done city tour and walked around downtown. On our last trip, we took the Safari Rainforest Adventurer by Vahartta Adventures, riding thru backcountry in Mercedes army trucks, with a bunch of crazy people and guides, who know how to have fun. End up on beach for BBQ and open bar. for an hour or two. This was lot of fun.

In Cabo, we did the whalewatching tour thru the ship and had great time on large catamaran with open bar. Saw whales right next to us on whole trip right outside the port. Good town to walk around in or use beaches. Coastal tour to San Jose de Cabo, with stops at glass factory and large resorts is nice for first timers.
Old May 29th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Passenger

I have heard great things about Randi and her horses in Mazatlan. We will be doing this when we go next year. In PV there is a dolphin swin thru the ship that we are looking at as well as a Las Calentes tour. Not sure about Cabo yet. I have heard of people that have gotten rooms on the Queen Mary for $99 per night but not sure if that includes parking for the week. Have a great time and please post a review when you get back.

Happy Cruizin'
Linda