Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Default Soto's vs. Captain Marvins

I am somewhat torn between the two for the stingray snorkle excursion. Can anyone offer any input. It was difficult but I finally made the decision to book myself the money you save is incredible and it sounds like both have smaller groups. I really want to do the 9:30 or 10:am time and I heard that we could just tender early with the guest that booked excursions with carnival anyone have any input on getting off the ship in time? Thank for any info. We will be on the Miracle 02-27-2005. I am soooo excited.
Thanks again, Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Soto's vs. Captain Marvins

we went with sotos last tuesday and had a lot of fun i would highly recomend them
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

we dove 9 days straight with soto's several years back. stingray city is a must see regardless of who you go with.
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We went with Soto's in April and had a great time. No problem with tendering off the ship. We met Soto's at the predesignated location at the pier. They were there on time and got us back well in advance of having to tender back to the ship.
Old May 27th, 2004, 05:40 PM
SuzieQuzie

We could not make up our minds what shore trips to do. I had heard lots about C. M from others on this site. We did not book anything before hand, scared of not getting refund if could not make it into port. Soon as we got off the ship we went to CM's and a tour was leaving in 10 mins. Guys were nice. Boat not too big. 15- 20 people max. More helpful and informative. Less stress, No lost time on gathering and herding loads of people. Would use them again. Also a big one, cheaper than ship excursions.

We have cruised enough to learn don't use ship excursions unless have to. Do it own your own. Much cheaper, always with smaller groups and don't feel like a "herd of cattle." We have always been able to use an independent (upon arrival) or did it ourselves. Like getting cab and going to beach, park, etc ourselves. Cheaper!

Have fun!
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:13 PM
HOSKI

Have done Soto's and loved it. No experience with Capt. Marvins.
Old May 30th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Yeoman

We used Captain Marvins last Sept. and were quite pleased. The tour office was in sight of the tender port. We were able to get an early tender with no problem. The early tour that we took was the only one that was not rained out for the day. The staff was very friendly and pointed out sights along the way to the stingray boat. We each got an opportunity to hold a stingray, and if we wished, feed them. Photos were encouraged and the guide was very helpful in catching a stingray for a photo-op.
Those that booked on the ship got on a packed boat (150+) and once out near the sandbar a storm hit, they did not get to even see a stingray, and were returned to the ship wet and disappointed. THEY DID GET A REFUND, but they missed an awesome experience.
I would highly recommend Captain Marvin's. We reserved months ahead of time with a credit card. Our credit card was not charged , it was used to reserve the tour only, and we paid cash upon arrival. If your ship does not make port for some reason, you will not be charged.

Lesley

Conquest 9/03
Glory 9/04