Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:33 AM
seanb

Default first timer

I am on the Holiday on Jul 8. My 8 y/o son will be w/me. I could use some advice on how to keep both of us entertained. I'm not a big drinker or gambler & I don't think my son would really enjoy camp carinval. I also promised him snorkeling and a waverunner in Cozumel, any place I can get both in one location?
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Isabel
Default Re: first timer

You and your son are guaranteed to have alot of wonderful surprises. We traveled with our 8 year son just came back May 16 Carnval Pride and my son was hesitant to participate with camp carnival until the middle of the week and he loved it. He wished he would have participated sooner. as for yourself just sitting by the pool side. be prepared to mingle. Have fun
Old May 30th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to carson1580

As far as the waverunner goes, I never saw any excursions through our ship that offered that activity (imagination) but i did see a note on our carnival capers the day we went to jamaica advising all passengers NOT to partake in this activity as it can be very dangerous. We had a good number of kids on our ship, but you wouldn't have known it unless you passed by the camp carnival group at some point taking the kids somewhere. They all looked like they were having a great time. There was so much to do during the day AND at night that we had a hard time picking and choosing!! I went along wiht my sister (24 and 23) as it was a graduation present, but I def plan on taking my daughter (2) when she's just a few years older...you'll have a blast!! Just be careful laying out- we're both olive skinned, and the sun was so strong during the day that even we couldnt lay out for more than an hour between 12 and 4. Most of the time I waited til about 4:30 to head out there, and only stayed an hour or so- but still got an awesome tan. Try to get your hands on a "carnival caper", the ships daily newsletter from someone who's sailed on the holiday so you have an idea what activities are being offered- have fun!

Old May 30th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

at least go the the camp carnival info meeting. our son (10 at the time) was adamant that he did not want to go. we convinced him to go to the meeting just to check it out. when he found out what kinds of activities he would be doing, he was one of the 1st in line to sign up. he had a blast. any activities he was not interested in, he just checked out and hung out with us. you will have to check your 8yo out yourself if he chooses not to participate in a particular activity, but you will have a schedule and know when to go get him. the older kids can check themselves in & out.