Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:36 PM
patticake

Default noisy cabins

any suggestions of where on ship not to book cabins regarding noise(machine, people, anything vibrations) i am a very light sleeper and the least little constant noise keeps me awake. thanks patticake
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: noisy cabins

Patticake:

For the least amount of noice, be sure to check what is below and above your room on the decks. Be sure to NEVER book above the showrooms, bars, places like that. You will centainly hear the music from the disco! The best bet would be to have cabins below and above yours for minimal noise. Hopefully you will not have any loud neighbors up all hours of the night. We've been on 5 cruises, and never a problem, but have read some horror stories on this website.

Happy Cruising!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:42 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Melanie

My mother and daughter had a cabin at the very back of the ship. The travel agent said that since we were on a higher deck (Empress deck on the Elation) that the noise and vibration of the engine would be minimal. Wrong! The only time it was bearable was when we were in port. The rest of the time the cabin was vibrating to the point where I would actually lose balance at times and the noise of the engine was so loud, it was hard to speak in a normal voice. Our cabin was about 20 doors away from theres and it felt and sounded like we were on a totally different ship. We would have asked for them to be switched to a different cabin but the ship was full. Even though being in the cabin was miserable for her, she still had a great time. Now she makes sure she has a cabin in the middle!

Melanie

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Carnival Pride - Nov 2007
Paradise - Sept 2005
Carnival Pride - Nov 2004
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Carnival Pride - Nov 2003
Elation - Nov 2002
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:30 PM
brand new girl

i'm going on the legend on july 18th, and my room is towards the back of the ship on the empress deck (6th floor i think)..will it be noisy?? :/ now i'm scared..

carnival legend :: 7/18
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:52 PM
First Mate

We were on the Sovereign (Royal Carribbean) on deck 6 and were below a running deck. Noisy in the afternoon if you want to take a nap.
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Admiral

we were in E217 & E215 on Celebration (severe aft on Empress) our room was literally in the middle of the wake... there was some vibration, but it wasnt enough to complain about... being 2 rooms across from each other was nice... no traffic ! Dont worry, I think the rooms were great and we had the nightlights from the ship lighting the view for us all night !
Old May 28th, 2004, 12:51 AM
First Mate

Brand New Girl,

Don't worry...towards the back and completely at the back are totally different. I would notice the noise and vibration almost completely gone as I would leave my moms cabin and got as few as about five doors down the hall. She was there to have a great time on her first cruise and didn't let it bother her.

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Paradise - Sept 2005
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Elation - Nov 2002
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Passenger

Brand New Girl we are on the same cruise with you. Looking forward to Spirit class ship for first time. We do not know or care about where our cabin is. Our previous cruises we have been in different parts of the ship and real never had noise or that much motion problems. The room is to sleep and cleanup in and you are usally so tired at the end of day you really are not aware of anything. Have lots of Fun!

Carnival Imagination
Carnival Sensation 2005
Carnival Legend 2004
Carnival Imagination 2003
Carnival Imagination 2002
Nordic Empress 2001
Carnival Pa
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Passenger

What was your cabin on the Elation That is the deck I am on E-61 &E63
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Happy Camper

Also consider that if you are near the Centrum area on the Empress deck where it starts then it could be real noisy as people hang out there into the night. Also avoid cabins right by the elevators - get them a few doors down at least. These are all high traffic area with more people walking by even in the wee hours.. Debbie
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:00 PM
First Mate

Badgirl,

On the Elation, we had cabin E180, my mom had E242, hers was the noisy one.

It looks like you are not too far from the atruim. We had a cabin in almost the same place as yours when we were on the Ecstasy. Some might not like it, but we found it to be very convienant and it wasn't noisy at all. I think it was one of the best locations we have had to date.

Melanie

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Paradise - Sept 2005
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Elation - Nov 2002