Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Default I think Carnival is GREAT !

OK, Batter up..... Just let me say I was seriously ill thru most of my voyage AND even after I got home for several days... but I still think it was a great trip ! I think that Carnival has a lot of bang for the buck. For budget minded people, I think its a steal ! It was much less expensive than our annual trek to Orlando... rent the condo, rent the van, buy DW tickets, buy Universal tickets, pay to eat, pay to park, etc... etc... We actually spent LESS money on this cruise ! Now, I know there are some people who only want caviar with their Champagne dreams... and I do not begrudge them that right ! That being said, we have some family friends who are not only well off, but WEALTHY and they act like regular people. They spend their money frugally, live inthe same house for 30 years and plan to someday cruise on Carnival with us ! Its not about the "bling" all the time, its about making a good time wherever you may be !!

Our family has a land trip coming up in 2 weeks to you guessed it.... Florida (beach time) and I would much rather be on a Carnival ship than in a condo/ hotel anyday ! Maybe their will be room on the Sensation for me & I can catch up with them when we return... ahhhhh wishful thinking.... theirs my Champagne dream for ya !

Steph
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: I think Carnival is GREAT !

Hey steph, I definitely gotta agree with you! I am hooked too. Been on 3 short cruises this year, and doing a week in June at all-inclusive at Riveria Maya. Know what? I don't want to go. I want to go over to the Calica dock and jump on the Holiday, or swim over to Cozumel and jump ship on whichever one I first see!

Although, the all-incllusive does have one benefit, all the drinks are INCLUDED, , and I drink very little. Oh well . . .it was a good thought. But since it is another vacation, I will try to enjoy it, and I will go over to Playa Del Carmen beach, and pretend I have to get back to the ship before it leaves me there!

Next year, will have to do all cruising, forget the land deals! ! !

Carnival definitely is a good bang for your buck! And RCCL isn't far behind.

Happy Cruising to All!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:03 PM
First Mate

I'm sorry to hear you were ill during your cruise and afterwards....glad you are feeling better now. I also think it's great that you still managed to have a wonderful time...
and although not many have posted here I suspect most everyone agrees with you.
Carnival does give you more for your money than a lot of land vacations do....and it's so nice not to have to pay for everything seperately. Enjoy your time in Florida..even if it isn't a cruise!!
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Happy Camper

We did a land vacation to Cozumel at in all inclusive right after we started cruising and we stood on the beach each day and stared at the ocean wishing we were on it and not staring at it! That was our last land trip of any real cost. We do go camping to fill the voids between cruises... I'm glad you are not bitter about being ill on the cruise - many people would be even if not the cruise lines fault they seem to think that anything going wrong is bad... Glad you are all better. I'm not sure how you were sick but I had the flu on 2 cruises in a row and was so glad when I was finally on a cruise well that now I don't take that for granted either! Debbie