Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:13 PM
jiminy c.

Default Hotel in Miami-Priceline

I have seen posts that many people use Priceline to book hotels before their cruises. When I went to Priceline to do this, the instructions say that the room guarantees space for two people. We have four. Has anyone used Priceline that was in need of a room for more than two people? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hotel in Miami-Priceline

I use Priceline all the time to book hotel rooms.

In 2002 I bid for a two-star hotel, and got upgraded to a three-star hotel when my offer was accepted. We stayed at the Sheraton by the Falls in Niagara Falls, Canada, and it way exceeded my expectations.

Even though Priceline does say that the room's guaranteed for two people, we were able to get a room with two beds. My sister, and her daughter were able to stay in the same room with my husband and me.

Priceline hasn't defrauded me, yet. I'm always able to get two beds, and have four people stay. Please keep in mind, that although it has worked for me, that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get the same results.
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Passenger

I have not used Priceline but the Marriott on Biscayne Bay is very nice. You can see the cruise ships!
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:38 PM
First Mate

Be sure and check out www.biddingfortravel.com before bidding on Priceline. They have lots of information on how to bid and what hotels have been accepted.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old May 30th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

The hotel will give you a "run of the house" room....ie..whatever is available when you check in. You can ask for 2 beds, and the hotel should honor your request if such a room is available. However, the hotel will not honor your request if all of the double bed rooms are filled. However, the fact that whatever hotel you win is selling rooms through Priceline gives you reason to believe that same hotel will not be full. (Otherwise, they would be selling the rooms at their normal rates!) Because you can get priceline rooms for such a bargain though, you may want to go ahead and bid on 2 rooms at the same time.

Case in point:
I will be sailing on Fascination out of Miami on 9/6/04. I am staying in Miami on 9/4 and 9/5. I bid $38 per room-night on priceline for a 3* hotel dowtown and got the Hyatt Regency. My total bill for 2 room-nights including taxes and fees is broken down as follows:
$76.00 Bid price ($36 x 2)
$16.98 Taxes & service fees
$92.98 Total charged to my credit card

By the way the cheapest rate as of today for my same dates on Hyatt.com is $144 PER NIGHT.

If you check out betterbidding.com and/or biddingfortravel.com, you can see that Priceline uses 5 different 3* hotels in downtown Miami. These are the Hyatt Regency, Sheraton Biscayne Bay, Marriott Biscayne Bay, Doubletree Biscayne Bay, and the Radisson. This is not saying you are guaranteed one of these 5 hotels (as Priceline can add hotels to their inventory.) You can, however, see what what Priceline considers a 3* hotel. By the way....the only 4* priceline hotel I know of in Miami is the Intercontinental.
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:21 AM
Hello

Default : Hotel in Miami-Priceline

Ok, I tried Priceline for the first time and here's what happened. Ofcouse, I didn't bid the high requested amount of 125.instead I bidded 35.00. Then i was asked to increase it by 9.00, which I did. We will be staying at the Miami Hyatt for 44.00 a night in July. What a good buy!!!
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:57 PM
maho

If you need two beds
call the hotel directly right after you get your
bid accepted and then tell them you are traveling with a child and
need 2 beds
We did this and had no problem getting the 2 beds
and the Hyatt was the easiest to check in to
the didn't ask for and ID and I checked into the room
that was under my husbands name
they did need a cc for incedentals
then we had 4 rooms booked so they did there best to keep us near each other
The hyatt is an awesom place for 40 bucks a night
Old June 4th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Catrin

We recently stayed at the Doubletree in Miami for 47.00 with Priceline.

I called a few weeks before our date and told them we were bringing our kids.. and asked for two beds. The morning we were leaving, I called again.. to confirm.

No problems at all.
I would definatly bid for a room again in Miami!

Biddingfortravel.com really helped me understand the bidding process.... and how to bid. The thing about Miami, is you cannot lose with a 3* hotel in the Downtown area.... there are few, and all are good.
Cathy