Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:34 PM
patticake

Default DINNER MENU

We are getting ready to start to plan our cruise for summer of 2005. i have several people to worry about so i am doing a lot of research for this cruise. my husband and myself, two grown daughters, one of their husbands, and four grandchildren ages 5, 8, 11, and 12. i noticed on the menu in the brochure for dinner in one of the dining room, that the menu , although it offered wonderful things and they all look just yummy, are not the kind of things these kids will eat. maybe prime rib or a simple pasta?? we all really want to eat together every night and i do want to be in the dining room. do they offer other things besides those set menus? i do know a lot of people have mentioned they did all eat with children in the dining rooms everynight with these ages. i know there are other choices outside of the dining rooms, but want to stay in dining rooms. patticake
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: DINNER MENU

You can order, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pizza, mac and cheese, for the kids, if they don't like what's on the menu. Served with fries. My daughter who is only 3 ate with us almost everynight, she loves soup, so we would order her soup and dessert from the adult menu and order her food from the kiddie options.
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:39 PM
First Mate

It's a great opportunity to try new things...our boys learned that they liked things they didn't realize they liked. They were willing to try it only because they knew they didn't have to finish it and could get something else - or eat pizza later on. I think you can get steak every night even if it's not on the menu...and some kind of non-fancy chicken....along with what was mentioned above.
Old May 29th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

I'e heard from another post, i beleive, that someone was told that they did have other things available each night that wasn't neccessarly on the menu--such as a steak or something.--can't remember where i saw this. Also this may give your family an opportunity to try out new things. You never know, you might find something that you really like. (as an example--having nothing to do with cruiseing--when i was dating my husband--he'd just returned from Japan and had a fondness for shushi--i thought i'd never try it--i couldn't stand the thought of raw fish--we'll low and behold he'd created a monster out of me now !)

Old May 29th, 2004, 09:15 AM
spike

My kids like grilled cheese sandwiches, but these wonderfull great chefs did not know how to make one, never even heard of one. Even after telling the head waiter how to make one, they still screwed it up!! Best advise, bring a photocopy out of a cook book of the dish you want for the kids. That is my plan next cruise, maybe they will learn a new dish my 10 year old can make.
When it comes to fancy dishes, the chefs are great on Carnival.
Old May 29th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

Also Carnival now does have a kids menu--go to the site and look for dining choices then find where menus are and it lists it's kids menu.

Old May 30th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

seems like my picky eaters didn't go hungry in the dining room.
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:06 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

First took my kids on a cruise back in 1989 (we all still cruise). there was no such options as pizzia, buffet or kids menu back then. This is where my youngest (10 at the time) "discovered" crab, shrimp & lobster. We had never allowed he to order this out at home in case she didn't like it. Loves it all to this day. a cruise is a great time to try different stuff as you can always change to chicken or beef if you do not like. Be aware, the kids will take their cues from the adults. If the adults try new stuff so will they.

You may be disappointed in the kids coming to the dine room. If they are signed up for Camp Carnival they often meet as a group in a special section of the buffet for dinner and then continue on with their planned actvities.