Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:18 PM
First Mate

Default What to do in Tampa after cruise

What can we do to pass the time in Tampa after our cruise on Inspiration? We get off ship on Sunday at 9am, and our plane doesn't leave Tampa Airport until 620pm! Would appreciate any suggestions on Tampa and/or comments on Inspiration. My wife and I are cruising 7/4/04 with our 2 daughters, 22 and 16, and we can't wait! Anyone else going on that day? Thanks! Matt

Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:54 AM
bjkeen

Default Re: What to do in Tampa after cruise

I'm a Tampa native and Busch Gardens is my favorite. There is also MOSI *Museium of Science and Industry). What type of things do you enjoy? The Florida Aquarium is right next to the cruise terminal. Ybor City (pronounced Ebor is not far from the ship.

Email me if I can be of assistance. Mainly the type of things you enjoy doing would help me make

Remember you need to be at the air port at least an hour earlier than your flight.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

You also need to have a plan for your luggage. The airport won't let you check it in that early. When we were there we rented a cheap hotel room for the day. I've heard others have rented a car for the day. My personal favorite is Busch Gardens. We had a great time there.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:34 AM
islandannie

I'll be on the Miracle next Feb, and plan to drop my luggage off at the aquarium (right next door), then go to the Ybor area to do a little shopping, then taxi to Bahama Breeze for a late lunch before heading to the airport for a 5pm flight.

I've been told that the Aquarium will hold your luggage for you for the purchase price of their ticket of $18 per adult.

Hope this helps.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:02 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the info all, this gives us some good ideas!
Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:10 AM
Admiral

how about the Salvador Dali museum ?
Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Duke, We are also cruising on the 4th aboard the inspiration and have a 16 year old son. Don't forget you will not get off the ship for awhile. From what I've heard around 11, I don't think you woukd get your moneys worth at Busch Gardens.