Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2004, 09:16 AM
fredgratz

Default Carlos 'N Charlies????

has anyone been to a place called carlos and charlies???? i am going to the one in cozumel and trying to get an idea of what its like there!
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Carlos 'N Charlies????

I've been. They are not famous for their food. Its a nonstop party. They have waitresses with whistles and they sell shots. If you pay ($3) she will go up to whoever you chose and give them a shot and do silly things to thing like shaking their head and everyone yells like this is so much fun. They have a sound system and people dance. Basically its a big drunk, but I do think its something to see once. If you are in the mood you will probably have a blast. Basically that's what it is...
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM
funinthesun

We recently we went to Carlos 'N Charlies in Aruba. What a blast. Keep in mind we are not the "party type" but we had a great time. Lots of games and interaction with the staff. Don't be shocked by the dancing on tables. Have a great time
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:15 AM
fredgratz

Default Re: Re: Carlos 'N Charlies????

thanks guys! i appreciate it! i was hoping thats what it was. were a young couple going in july and were looking for the party atmosphere so i am sure we'll fit right in!!!
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:29 AM
First Mate

Just be sure you know where to go. I thought it was right at the pier and walked all over trying to find it. Then someone told me I had to take a taxi. Oh well, found it and had a blast!
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:56 AM
First Mate

If you're looking for a drunken party wild time, then it is THE place to go. However, it's not a family place, and if you're not into that, I don't think you'll like it. If you do, then you'll have a blast (from what I've heard).
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:12 PM
fredgratz

really? wow! then we will fit right in! were looking for a crazy party type crowd so this is exactly what were looking for! is it a younger or mixed crowd there?
Old June 4th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Yeoman

It is definitely a mixed crowd. Some very young, some older, many in the middle. You will have a blast!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old June 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

The other fun thing to do is get back to the ship a little early so you can watch all the drunk people coming back from Carlos 'n Charlies! heee

Old June 4th, 2004, 07:13 PM
barryl

prepare yourself for a great time....Is it april17th 2005 yet? Carnival Valor here we come.
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:17 PM
fun4me

YES...My family went to the one in Aruba. We did not know what kind of place it was and we took our children there (7 & 8yrs.old)!!! We were dropped off by a taxi and didn't know where else to go so we stayed and held our breath the whole time. The funny thing about it is our kids will tell you one of the funnest parts of their trip was when they went to C&C's!!! My husband and I loved the place for ourselves and it didn't end up being that bad for the kids...we didn't stay that long. Kids really liked their Sprite in the "yard long" glasses. Definitely go. You will have a blast.
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:42 PM
First Mate

I have been to the one in Cozumel. What a blast!!!!!!!!! Def. not the place to go if you arent into partying but if you are you will have fun. We went and ate, drank, danced, then went to Fat tuesdays near the pier so we wouldnt miss the boat. They have a drink called 360 that is great!!

Michele

Fascination
Old June 5th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Layna

Wild n Crazy. I wouldn't go back to Coz without going there. It is a lot of fun!
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:05 AM
mike in Texas

It does not matter what time of day this place rocks It seems like a meeting spot for young adults from all the different ships in port that day
Old June 5th, 2004, 04:24 PM
T&K Smith

been to the one in Aruba and it was a blast seen a guy play a pino with no hand and then 3 yard are a killer it was a good thing the ship was in cruling distance
Old June 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
John -Michigan

The place IS Great!!! One note; a taxi ride back to the ship is about five bucks. The chariot (horse & buggy) rides are thirty bucks!
Gotta try the yard long drinks.