Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to sumblonde
Default ***Fasc./Imag. 4-day Cruises-ITINERARY CHANGE***

(Note to Travel Agents from Carnival-I got this in the mail today from Carnival as I am on the Fascination Cruise Sept. 13-17)
We will cancel the call in Key West on the following 2004 cruise departures:

Fascination-June 7, 21; July 5, 19; August 2, 16, 30; Sept. 13, 27; October 11, 25
Imagination-June 17: July 1, 15, 29; August 12, 26; Sept. 9, 23; October 7, 21

The Key West pier that Carnival utilizes for most of our calls was closed by local port officials on May 1, 2004 for extensive construction work. The pier will not reopen until Nov. 1, 2004. We have been operating in Key West for the month of May by anchoring ships and tendering guests ashore.

We have made every effort working with the Port Authorities in Key West to make this tender operation work for our guests. Unfortunately, it has resulted in a very poor shore experience. The logistics involved have severely limited the time ashore to the point where the Key West call is unacceptable for our guests.

We will be able to extend the scheduled time in Cozumel by five hours as a result of this change (arrival will now be 7:00 AM). This will allow our guests to enjoy even more of the great shopping, sightseeing and water-sports in Mexico.

Old June 4th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: ***Fasc./Imag. 4-day Cruises-ITINERARY CHANGE***

I am on the Fascination leaving one week before (September 6th - 10th). It is scheduled to stop in Key West/Cozumel. Was kind of wondering why the rates for Fascination in September were so cheap compared to other Carnival cruises.

If I don't get to see Key West...It's not that big of a deal, as I will be staying in S. Florida after the cruise until the 13th....I can always drive down from Miami to visit.

Oh well, I am more excited about the cruise itself.

Old June 4th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise
Default Re: ***Fasc./Imag. 4-day Cruises-ITINERARY CHANGE***

Its a short cruise and during hurricane season.....that might have something to do with the price....