Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Door decorating

i guess i never saw any decorated doors on the cruise i went on, but it sounds like a fun idea!
Old June 12th, 2004, 04:02 AM
First Mate

Thanks TY I agree.........I do love to have fun and try too invite others to do the same but some people try too spoil it.Thats ok though I can make the best out of most situations........

Old June 12th, 2004, 10:27 AM
First Mate

Ok Chrissy whatever we dont want to get over it there are some of us that enjoy this and if you are not one of them then find another post ...............You are not going to bug me with your comments you are not hurting my feeling so go on about your buisness and leave this one alone .........Thanks have a great or terrible day whatever you choose ok.....GOODBYE

Old June 12th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Shelly, I commend you for your patience and maturity dealing with Chrissy. You've shown more self control than I could. It might be my fault that this whole thing escalated because I took Ron's argument bait when he insulted jennifervail, so I'm sorry for that. Unfortunately, message boards always attract people who have nothing better to do than interrupt conversations with insulting comments, trying to make themselves look cool or superior. The rest of us know how they really end up looking I need to remind myself to ignore these people and hope they get bored and leave.

Hope you have a great cruise and have fun decorating your door!

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Fascination: June 2004
Carnival Triumph: Halloween 2003
Old June 12th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Chrissy's posts were deleted for name-calling, a violations of our terms of service.

Old June 13th, 2004, 01:26 PM
First Mate

Thank you all for all of you great info and fun spirit sharing your info with me youve all been great

Old June 27th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Door decorating

Does anyone know if magnets will work on the doors?

Old June 27th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Yes, thanks for bringing this post back up! I must remember to get the girls to think of something. We do have winter stickees; the snowpeople idea sound great too. We have lots of time to think until Jan.23/05. I think I heard that the doors are metal;plus I seem to remember that they are quite heavy so I think they may be. A dry erase board/ paper&pencil sound good-but I would be a bit afraid of some comments some rude people might leave and the girls might see! I will go write down "door decorating ideas" on my cruise list now! (Yes, I have started a list already!!!!!!!!) Cheers!!!! Brenda in Canada
Old June 27th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Cruisequest

This sounds like a GREAT idea! We're cruising in December for our belated anniversary and my MIL's January 70th birthday. I'm going to decorate each of our doors!

Question though, do you tape the decorations to it? And someone else asked will magnets stick to the doors? I'm sure tacks or push pins would NOT be allowed correct?
Old June 28th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Passenger

Just bought the cutest little door hanger. It is a yellow felt pussycat with a big pink heart and you can put little messages in the heart. I am hoping no one walks away with it (even though I only paid a dollar for it).
Old June 28th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Oh yes, I remember now what I have read somewhere. That mounting putty stuff;we call it blue sticky stuff in our house-great for putting up posters,kids school work etc. No valuable papers of course at it sometimes leaves a residue/mark on the paper. I get Lepage's Fun-Tak;available in office supply, stationary dpts.,big drug/grocery stores. There are different brands/colours out there, some better than others. We go through this stuff lots in our house. It is very easily removed from wall and paper. Bye for now.
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:52 PM
First Mate

That is a good way of hanging thanks Brenda Ill have to pick some up!!!!

Also Brenda you said your cruise is on Jan 23 2005 What ship????We are on the PRIDE on the same date........Good luck n have fun

Old June 28th, 2004, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Shelley, Sorry I must not have been logged in as my signature part did not show. Valor.W.Caribb. Jan23/05. You leave from Miami too on the Pride?? You have a great time too. I think I am going to try Priceline for the Miami hotel; and you?? Bye for now.

Old June 28th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Yeoman

Stacy..the doors on the Conquest were made of something like kitchen counter top stuff over wood. (They were exactly the same pattern as my kitchen that is why I remember that). You will need tape or sticky tac stuff to hold your decorations. Have fun and be creative.

I hope some of you "door decorators" will be on my cruise!

Lesley

Conquest 9/03
Glory 9/18/04
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:10 PM
First Mate

Oh nope Brenda we leave out of Long beach..Bummer thought I had finally found someone on the same cruise as us...But im sure you are just as excited huh......Yes this is also our first family cruise......................Cant wait ....Shelly

Old January 3rd, 2005, 11:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Door decorating

Thought I should resurrect this thread. Does anyone have any good ideas??, I leave in about 2 weeks.
(I have decided against our Snowman stickees.) (Note to self:buy more blue stuff.)
Old January 4th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think the door decorating is a wonderful idea, I also want to decorate our balcony does anyone know if this is allowed? I'm thinking battery operated lights.
Old January 4th, 2005, 09:15 PM
First Mate

that would be really cool lights on the balcony Hmmmm!!!

Old January 5th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to dawmeny

I did it so I can find my door. Problem is when you get people on a cruise that take it off and put it on other doors. It doesn't help. I know because this happened to me.

Old January 5th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Admiral

We decorated our balcony with battery operated lights - it was fun! We also decorated the mailbox outside our door with glitter pipe cleaners and battery operated lights. The crew seemed to really like our decorations, too - several commented on them.

I say anything that makes a cruise more fun!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanx Shelly for starting this post andThanx Brenda for resurrecting it! I hadn't seen it before. I was planning to to the dry erase board thing, but now I see that I need to be more creative. I just happen to have some pictures of Felix P Flamingo ...skiing, hot tubbing, playing foozball, etc. Maybe I can make something creative out of them!?

Carnival Inspiration Feb 19, 2005
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:08 PM
First Mate

you are welcome!! Enjoy!!!!

Old January 6th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

I had a thought about the snow men...what if you put plain snowmen on the door but had "cut outs" on magnets? Like paper dolls...different hats, different kinds of eyes, diffeent noses, different scarfs...other guests could change their clothes around. You could even do "costumes" Who would ever think of seeing a snowman with a pumpkin mask on?

My husband isn't crazy about our door being decorated...first cruise. But he might find some magnets on it or a post it note pad.

Sheryl

Old January 6th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

that is a GREAT idea. Since I am going in May I could do a flamingo, or dolphin or a couple pictures of my pug. I think it would be neat to see pictures of her with different costumes on (even if she wasn't really wearing them)

Old January 7th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Great suggestions everyone! Thanks. Must put that on my 'to do ' list! Get my daughters(7,13) to help out!
I also realize 'vandals' might come and remove them, so I will not use anything valuable!!
Old January 7th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Yeoman

Sailed on a Superbowl cruise once and the doors were decorated with the team colors. It was fun!

Carol
Old January 7th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Happy Camper

Brand New Girl - it is great to decorate the door at the end of a hallway - mine was done for Halloween one time and I had people actually thank me for it when they had gotten turned around and walked forever they saw my door and knew where they were.

By the way everyone - it is great to know where the other people in your group are - we usually travel alone but in taking my 70 plus in laws on board I decorated their cabin and mine in a tropical theme so we always knew their cabin (didn't have to remember the cabin number) and if they ever needed us at anytime they could find our cabin which was down and hall and around a corner....

Many people - expecially older people find it much easier to find their cabin then to have to remember the number...

Also fun is to decorate your window so you can see it from the shore!

Debbie
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Yeoman

I thought it would be neat to put a large piece of paper and a marker on the door. You ask the question "Who are you and where are you from?" at the top. Much like a high school year book signing. Everybody say's a little something. I bet there are people all over (even the crew). I would be afraid that unattended kids would get the marker and do something stupid.

Cabin numbers work great unless you make that wrong turn coming off the elevator! I don't know how many times I did that!
Old January 7th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to mojo2rusty Send a message via Yahoo to mojo2rusty

My friends and I were on the Conquest the first part of Dec. We were on the Rusty Wallace Nascar crusie so my friend made a bunch of magnets with Rusty's cars and Car numbers on them. We had them on our door then she snuck out to our friends doors at night and put them on their doors. We got so many comments on them. I even got a few phone calls from people who saw the doors and had been looking to contact us. People from the Cruise boards.

So the decorations can be fun. With the doors and vitrually everything in the room metal the magnets are great. We even had a couple on the wall in the room so we could leave each other notes.

Carnival Triumph Dec 2002
Carnival Conquest Dec. 05, 2004
Old January 8th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Passenger

Myself and 2 friends are cruising on the Inspiration on 02/14/05. We are 3 females who chose to pamper ourselves for Valentine's Day (as we are single). I would like to decorate our door, however I really don't want to put the valentine theme on the door. Any suggestions for door decorating the week of Valentine's Day.