Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2004, 06:14 PM
First Mate

Default Fun creative IDEAS

we are going with a group mainly family has anyone traveled in a group and want to share some unique ideas of things you may have done ( ex: all dress same thing, all have matching clothes hat or painted faces or anything of that matter)?/?? Not sure if my group will be game but I would like to do somthing fun like that just not sure what to do..Any ideas would be great thank you..............

Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2004, 04:17 PM
HOSKI

Default Re: Fun creative IDEAS

Tshirts in the same color or printed with your cruise group would be as far as I would go with matching outfits.
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

I saw families wearing matching t-shirts with "So and so Family Reunion" printed on them. Made for conversation in the embarkation line.

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Fascination: June 2004
Carnival Triumph: Halloween 2003
Old June 5th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

T-shirts are not that difficult to do. I did some t-shirts years ago for a family reunion (not cruise) very easy. If you have a publisher program such as MS publisher you can design a t-shirt then get iron on transfer paper (I think Walmart carries it?? or you might have to do a little searching for it--(I think I ordered mine thru somewhere--can't remember) Just make sure when you run it on your printer that you do it in reverse. Most printer software has a place where you can click for reverse imaging. Then you can buy plain t-shirts and iron it on. I found it actually worked better for me--once i had the design to take it over to a t-shirt print place and let them iron it on. Didn't cost too much and seemed to work better--but you can do it your self--with your own iron.

Old June 6th, 2004, 04:26 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Melanie

Our group consists of 17 family members. We are also doing the t-shirts. Some of the guys put up a fight at first but they have agreed to wear them. I purchased white t's, made up a design and am having a printer do them for me at a cost of $3 per shirt. Of the 17, 7 are children, 5 girls and 2 boys, all under the age of 11. I am making matching dresses for the girls and shirts for the boys for them to wear to dinner. I think it will also make a great picture for grandma, all the grandkids together, dressed alike.

I also started a family club at Yahoo groups about our cruise. I have posted all sorts of information that everyone needs to know, pictures and info about our ship and just things about cruising in general. We all post back and forth with ideas and questions. Its been a lot of fun.

Melanie

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Carnival Pride - Nov 2007
Paradise - Sept 2005
Carnival Pride - Nov 2004
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Carnival Pride - Nov 2003
Elation - Nov 2002
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:29 PM
gp

I went with a group a friends many years ago (5 girls, 1 cabin, what a blast!). Anyway, we all had to bring 5 of something to distinguish us as a group. I brought a bunch of confetti and those string things that you throw for when we were leaving port (no one else had them and everyone was jealous!). Another girl brought feather boas to wear on the formal night. I can't remember what the other ones were. Have a great time!
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:49 PM
First Mate

great ideas ty