Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2004, 07:36 PM
reeboksmm

Default WEATHER

Hi - I don't mean to bring this us again...but I'm a bit of a freakazoid when it comes to bad storms. I'm terrified of being in the middle of the ocean during a hurricane and even though the ships know when to move away there is a possibility. Can someone tell me what is the worst that can happen? I read someone wrote that she had 30ft waves!!! Was she kidding?? I want to have a great time in my cruise but must admit I'm nervous (8/1 on destiny) I'm doing it mainly for my hubby as a wedding anniversary gift which he doesn't know about yet. I am definitely not cancelling but again...I'm very nervous...

Can you guys help me ease???? Thanks a bunch

Happy Cruising

Reeboksmm
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom
Default Re: WEATHER

I think the worst that can happen from what i hear, is that you might miss a few ports or go to different ports. Haven't cruised before so it's hard to say. But I do know from what i've read that the ships main concern is safety of passengers and crew and they will steer clear of a severe storm. The ships can also outrun most hurricanes from what i hear.

Old June 5th, 2004, 10:33 PM
First Mate

The Worst that can happen??
See below...lol

Carnival VALOR Dec. 19th 2004
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:37 PM
First Mate

Actually this is about all you would have to worry.. unless they lose power or such and the stabilizers stop working..
Relax have a great time.. just remember when the sea gets rough limit your food and water intake so that it doesnt slosh around.. and buy Bonine..or Drammamine from day 1 use regularly..

CARNIVAL VALOR DEC 19th 2004
Old June 5th, 2004, 11:22 PM
First Mate

I understand your feelings exactly. Our cruise is longer this year (and it is on open sea for two days). We need some professional answers.
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Yeoman

My daughter uses the sea bands for seasickness. Works like a charm for her. You can get them at Walmart for abut $8.00. Not the classiest to add to your wardrobe, but they work. And there are no sideeffects.

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Where are you sailing out of?
If there is a hurricane warning affecting your area...you will know long before it hits.

If there is a storm brewing 3 days out that's on your path..your captain will cruise AWAY from it and take you to safe port.

Storms form in the seas ALL THE TIME and somedays are rough...the captain does his best to make it as comfortable as possible. I've been on many cruises where the seas were 20+ footers...the ship is BIG.

Go onto a weather link on the internet and you will find out if there are any tropical depressions in the area you're going to.

You will be safe...relax. If you're prone to seasickness take whatever you usually take for seasickness BEFORE you get onboard. I use NON-drowsy Dramamine and I take it once a day...EVERYDAY whether in port or not. Once you get sick...it's too late to take anything.

Relax, have a good time. If you're rocking and rolling at night while in bed...enjoy it and let it rock you to sleep!

Old June 6th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Reeboksmm

Default Re: Re: WEATHER

MOM - That was freakin funny!!!!!!!! and SCARY!!!!!!

Thanks for the input...I will try to relax...

Thanks to everyone else for posting their good wishes..I'm leaving from SAN JUAN on 8/1. We'll see - i'll keeep you all informed!
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:49 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: WEATHER

Reebok

... It was late last night.. and I took your worries to the extreme for you.. After you see the worst its really easy to relax! You just can't worry about it..

MOM