Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2004, 06:38 AM
ameeeee

Default A Nice Beach in Nassau.....

I can't hardly wait until we cruise!! I am going with my best friend and another friend..just a girls get a way!!! We sailed last year on the Soverign of the Seas (RC)...had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one recommend a nice somewhat private beach to go to in Nassau?? How do we get there??? Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:15 AM
First Mate

Default Re: A Nice Beach in Nassau.....

ameeeee -

I wouldn't consider it a "private beach", but Cable Beach is a beautiful public beach, freely accessable through the hotels which line it. You simply walk from the port to downtown, grab the #10a Jitney Bus for $1 each person, each way, and have the driver take you to Cable Beach.

He will drop you off in front of a particular hotel, at which point you simply walk through the lobby and down to the beach. The day we were there, May 10, there was no one else on the beach, and it was fantastic. Enjoy, no matter where you end up!

Jennifer

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Leen

Ameeeeee...I argee with Jenniferveil. My husband and I did the samething took a Jitney bus to cable beach. Have the bus to stop you at The Nassau Beach Hotel and just walk right thru the lobby and out the back door to the most beautiful relaxing beach. Chairs and palm trees are free. they also have a cabanna for refreshments. Enjoy!
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:49 AM
ameeeee

Default Re: Re: A Nice Beach in Nassau.....

Thank you guys so much!!! Cable Beach it is!!!!
Old June 6th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Passenger

dont forget the jittneys stop around 6 or 7 at night so make sure ur back in time
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:35 PM
ameeeee

sarge-
Thanks...that would be something to miss our one and only ride!!
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:30 PM
FodorsPeter

Go to Paradise Island and have the driver drop you off at the hotel next to the Atlantis. Go around back, slip the pool boy a twenty and he'll set you up with chairs and towels. In addition, you can use their changing facilities, showers and pool. You won't find a better beach and after enough sun and fun - go next door to the Atlantis and look around. You can get to the gardens and some of the acquariums. Have a drink at the outdoor restaurant - they'll take cash.

Peter
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Five of Us

When you say just walk through the lobby and down to the beach? Are you truely allowed to do this? Or do you just try to blend with the crowd? Our group consists of 4 adults and 4 kids. We will definately be noticed. Is the Nassau Beach Hotel the one by SuperClub Breezes?
Thanks,
Cari
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Leen

Five of us...I am serious about just walking right in, its a very laided back hotel and we have never been stopped. We have both been a registered guest at this hotel and have also been on the island on a cruise ship several times and neverbeen questioned . The hotel is next door to the Wyndam its that big pink highrise(formly named The Crystal Palace). Have Fun
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Admiral

I would recommend taking the ship's excursion to Blue Lagoon Island. They ferry you to an island just north of Paradise Island. It's incredible! A beautiful sheltered lagoon to swim in, things for sale, tropical drinks at a bar ($6 for a delicious Piņa Colada), hair braiding, swimming, snorkeling, hammocks, picnic tables, basketball, clean restrooms, showers, hiking, calypso music. Only drawback was the lunch prices - they were charging $8.50 for a hot dog or hamburger and $11.50 for barbecued ribs or chicken. We skipped lunch because of that. But other than that, we loved it. If you want to snorkel, they offer a swim with stingrays excursion along with it.

Cheers,
Michelle P.