Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:52 AM
ameeeee

Default What time to arrive at Port Canerval??

What time will Carnival start allowing guests to get on board??? We are trying to figure out what time to arrive...We are thinking of leaving around 9:00 am. It wil take us about 3 hrs. to travel (luckily we live Florida!!).. Wasn't sure if they would start around 12:00pm. Thanks for the advice...This message board has helped soooo much..I love reading everything....
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM
lunzey

Default Re: What time to arrive at Port Canerval??

I'm wondering the same thing! I'd like to know the answer to that too.
Old June 6th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Yeoman

I'd personally arrive around 10:00-10:30. We got there and you first have to stand in line to get your stuff taken care of at the counter. Then you go to another line to board the ship. They started boarding us at 11:30. THen we headed to lunch!
But I'm always excited to get there.

So if it took you 3 hrs. to travel, I'd leave by 7:00. You never know if you'll get stuck in traffic or something go wrong with your car. Have to park, get your suitcases taken care of and then get in line.

This is when we went on the Pride when it was still there the end of '02.

Have a great time!
Old June 6th, 2004, 05:21 PM
cruisebaby1

Default Re: Re: What time to arrive at Port Canerval??

We arrived at 11:00 for the Legend in March. Carnival was great about coming right outside for checkin (do the funpass online if you can). We had to wait about 45 mins till they let people in the bldg, but once inside everything move quickly and smoothly. Have a great time
Old June 6th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Passenger

We just recently went on the Glory, if that's your ship, your going to love it. The pier is a madhouse. We got there about 11:30 which was in plenty of time.. A word to the wise. If your luggage has wheels, stay to the right as you drive out the pier and go directly to the parking area. Park and roll your luggage over to check-in. It's only about 300 - 400 ft. but you will save about 45-60 minutes as luggage drop off and pick-up is in the same place and the traffic is a mess as you will see. Have a great cruise....
Old June 6th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I cruised the Pride out of Port Canaveral in 2002 and got to the pier about 10am. - They wouldn't let us in the parking lot yet - came back about 45 mins later and it was ok. We were on the ship by 12:30.

Jodi

Old June 6th, 2004, 08:32 PM
ameeeee

Thanks for all the advice....We are sailing on the Fantasy!! I filled out the FunPass online that is suppose to expidite our wait time...is this true?? Also we received the papers that say, "Welcome to The Islands of the Bahamas". Should we go ahead and fill these out before hand?
We are sooooo excited, can hardly wait!!!
Old June 7th, 2004, 06:08 AM
First Mate

Good tip from Bpmbero! Also, if you're sailing Glory, follow the signs for Disney. Glory docks next to Disney and across from the other Carnival ships. They will not allow you into the parking garage before 11AM to permit debarking passengers to clear the area.

Sorry, this doesn't apply to Fantasy. Follow the Carnival signs and there's plenty of outdoor parking. I still wouldn't arrive before 11AM. Wear something comfortable cause your luggage will be several hours getting to the room. Port Canaveral is a terrific facility.

Post Edited (06-07-04 06:15)
Old June 7th, 2004, 06:10 AM
bill123

just got off the glory last Saturday we arived at the port at 11:45 and was on the boat by 12:15 no hassles no problems , enjoy your cruise, she is a fine ship
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ty Send a message via Yahoo to Ty

I have a question,

So, if your cruise leave in the evening, like may be around 4:00 pm. Should we still arrive at the pier between 10:00 and 11:00 in the morning?

Also, what is a funpass?