Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Passenger

Default Elation cruise

Curious to see who and if anyone on here has recently taken cruise on the Elation out of Galveston? How was the experience? Any suggestions? This will be my first cruise in July.
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Elation cruise

We leave next . I will let you know. Is there anything specific that you want to know?

We scoped out the parking today and I will post the phone number for 2 of the lots later this week.
Old June 7th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Passenger

I'm sorry -- I meant to say we leave next Sunday, June 13.
Old June 7th, 2004, 12:51 AM
fergi's cruisin

drew

When in July are you cruising? We will be on the July 4th sailing...can't wait!!!
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Amberly

I just got back from the cruise on the Elation. It was an awesome experience. I really enjoyed getting to know the crew and I already miss them. Whenever you go if you find out where some of the crew will be going after there vacation (what their next ship will be) it would be great if you could let me know. (some people are: Loredana-waitress, Larry-cruise director, Mike-hilarious entertainer, Jenny-hilarious entertainer, Chad-elation dancer, Mel-elation dancer, and Dan-elation dancer. If you could find out while you were there it would be awesome!
Old June 7th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Tuscani

Elation is a great ship with lots to do all day and all night or you can do nothing. The staff is wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The pools and decks are large, confortable. There are lots of bar servers around the deck, pool area; they come around every 5 to 10 minutes to offer drinks.

I know you'll have a great time.

Tuscani

Grand Princess 112704
Elation 020104
Holiday 103102
Old June 7th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Elation cruise

Ours is set for July 18th! Flying from Dallas to Houston..then taking a limo to Galveston Port.

Enjoy!
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:36 PM
kkuehn1

we are going july 4th...our first cruise! We are so excited!
Old June 8th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Happy Camper

We just got back on May 2. HAd a great time! Anything in particular you want to know?? Debbie
Old June 8th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Passenger

Where did you park and how much was it? Any info on Camp Carniva? How about excursions? The Beach in progresso?

Old June 8th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Passenger

I Was on the Elation last Oct. Had a blast, it is a great ship, lots to due.
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Passenger

Since we live close to Galveston, we drove down there this past Sunday to check the parking situation out.

Based on the posters on this message board, we were interested in a parking lot called Dolphin.

We found the Dolphin parking easily. At the cruise terminal exit off of Highway 45 we saw people with flags. As we drove down towards the docks we saw more Dolphin signs.

We stopped to talk to the people at Dolphin because we were concerned about what another poster said about Dolphin not taking passengers to the ship until 11:30 AM. They confirmed that they could not take passengers to the ship until everyone on the prior sailing had disembarked. They suggested that we arrive at the parking lot around that time. (We will be there a little earlier.)

As far as we could tell you have the choice of several parking lots the port parking, Dolphin parking and EZ Cruise parking.

We are choosing Dolphin because they offer covered parking for just a $1 more per day. They will also take you and your luggage to the terminal. The port parking will not. EZ Cruise will also take you and your luggage. They will also detail your car for an additional charge.

You can contact Dolphin at 409-750-8335
You can contact EZ Cruise at 409-939-0648 or www.ezcruiseparking.com

I hope this helps.
Old June 9th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Happy Camper

We parked at Dolphin as mentioned above. And I was one of the ones that posted that they will not take you until they unload the others that are disembarking. All boys, I'm glad it helped... It wasn't this way a year ago and I was caught off guard by it. Everyone I talked too with kids in Camp Carnival LOVED it and so did their kids. One guy said he made it a rule that his kid eat with them each day - other than that they hardly saw him - he was having a great time with about 5 other 8 year olds...

The BEach in Progresso looked very pretty - we only drove by on the free bus into the "town". We had my father in law with us and he is older and not very mobil and wasn't interested in the beach so we didn't stop. Later we met a lady on board that had been to the beach a few months ago (on the cruise again 2 months later!) and said she thought she smelled sewer when she got in the water so they went and swam at a hotel pool (I don't know which one) and asked around and they were told that a hurricanne came through a few years ago and their sewer system is still messed up a little (you will see all the construction going on) and it should be all cleared up in a year or two.... I don't know if this is true or not but it is possible. Debbie
Old June 14th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Passenger

We cruised the Elation last Thanksgiving and absolutely loved it. It was our fifth cruise. We did a ship tour in Progreso (to Merida) and Belize (to Altun Ha and River Wallace) and did Chankanaab Park on our own in Cozumel. The weather was perfect in all three ports. We loved it so much we are booked again for this December. You will love the ship. The shows are great and we really enjoyed many of the lounge shows. There is something for everyone whether you are 16 or 60. I truly don't think you will be disappointed. We always drive down to Galveston on Saturday and spend the night so we don't have to rush on Sunday to board. We always arrive around 11:00 and board around 12:15. That way, you can run to the Lido deck and eat lunch before it gets too crowded. We have always parked in the Terminal Parking but our neighbors parked in the Dolphin parking lot on their cruise last December and were very pleased. We may try this EZ Park that I've read so much about. Sounds good. Hope you have a great cruise.