Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Default Hotel room Galveston

does anyone know of a Hotel room close to where the ship is. We will be arriving in Galveston on Sept 10 and would like to spend the night and then get up on the 11th and catch our Ship (Celebration) does any one know of a place that is close and not that much money. I think 80-90 dollars is enough to pay for one night. Any information you could give us would be great

Old June 7th, 2004, 04:07 PM
teach

Default Re: Hotel room Galveston

My friends and I just booked a hotel right outside of Galveston in Texas City. It's only about 10 minutes into Galveston. The hotels were so much cheaper. Everything I found in Galveston was over 100.00. We booked at the Hampton Inn. It was only 74.00. We had the same idea to spend the night on Sat. and then go to the cruise on Sun. Hope this helps.
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Passenger

Hey, we are taking that cruise on the celebration on july 26th!! our first cruise and we can't wait!! Just had some friends get back from the celebration in may and they loved it! We are booking a room at the Holiday Inn Stewart Beach.They will let you park your car for free if you let them know your plans when you book and they will provide free shuttle service to the pier and back if you make the arrangements.Try www.ichotels.com and search under Galveston. Our room is $90.30 and we are sharing that with our friends who are cruisin withus! We are booking the Catamaran snorkle tour through the ship, which is also what my friends did,she said it was $55 pp and included free beer and margaritas! your snorkled for about 45 min to an hr and enjoyed free alcohol while you sailed to a private beach where you spent another couple of hours. I have read alot about Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Comes highly recommended, free to get in, they just prefer you to purchase drinks or food which everyone says are reasonable prices.
Good nachos I heard. They have a restaraunt there, free kayakes, rafts, floats etc.. to use, tables chairs and umbrellas,water trampolines and an iceberg you can rock climb on.Clean restrooms which were important to me! the pictures I have seen look beautiful. We will take a taxi to Playa and shop for a little while then head to the beach at the end, free public beaches and my friend said were very nice. We can't wait to go,and I'll let ya know what a great time we had when we get back! try www.cozumel-beach.com to see paradise beach pics.
Old June 8th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Happy Camper

The Hilton is on the Seawall and will let you park for free too and transport you to t he ship. The Seawall is on the Gulf of Mexico. The ship actually leaves from The Strand area which is an inlet. It is only 5 minutes drive from the Seawall to The Strand. There is good shopping along the Strand area right in front of the ship and some good eating so if you want to get back off the ship that would be good and walking distance. The Seawall is the beach. There is also a Holiday Inn on the Seawall by the Hilton. There is a Kroger to shop for sodas and stuff you forget too that is walking distance and a bunch of restaurants too that are walking distance. Debbie
Old June 8th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Admiral

We stayed at the Commodore On The Beach. An older hotel but refurbished and nice. It is right across from the beach and all rooms face the beach. We thought the prices were very reasonable. You can leave your car there (unsecured but monitored) and they will take you to the ship and pick you up for free. We had no problems and the people who work there were all very nice. They also have a pool, continental breakfast, and cookies and milk in the evening! Their website is www.commodoreronthebeach.com
Old June 12th, 2004, 12:38 AM
HappyLady

Hi Pamela. If you book now, thru the Holiday Inn Express-Stewart Beach, you can get a room for 69.30. They let you park your car there while on the cruise and they have a free shuttle to the pier. If you stay on the seawall, expect to pay 14.70 or 7.70..depending on which cab driver you get. <g> Hope this helps!

Hap

Celebration 5/04
Celebration 9/04!!!
(Loved it so much we are doing it again!)