Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:45 AM
MikeF

Default Appleton Estates Rum Tour

Can anyone provide a review of this shore excursion in Jamaica? My Wife and I are thinking about signing up for this but we have not seen any comments about this tour. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:56 PM
reeboksmm

Default Re: Appleton Estates Rum Tour

Mike we've never been and been in Jamaica 3 times!! But we saw a special on the Travel Channel where they talked about it and it seems like its worth it. I believe they give you recipes and all that good stuff that you can use the Appleton rum in. Did you know Jerk Chicken includes Appleton Rum? I didn't know until I saw the show. Next time we are there, we will definitely go.

I don't know if this was too helpful but if you do go enjoy and post your results.

Have fun

Reeboksmm
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:37 PM
NYERIC

Default Re: Appleton Estates Rum Tour

We spent a week in Jamaica last new years - Took a full day tour - of the Black River ,Appleton Estate, Peter Tosh Memorial, YS Falls and Ricks Cafe.

Appleton estate is in the middle of nowhere - you will get to see what the interior of the country loks like away from the coast. It was beautiful. The rum plant is interesting... about an hour long tour through the production facilities - no bottling in that plant. Then there is a rum tasting! all you can drink!

We enjoyed the tour - not sure if I would do it though if I were on a cruise and it was my only day in Jamaica... email me for me details.