Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 11 year old & Cave tubing

Is Carnival really picky about the age limits? I have an 11.5 year old boy, large for his age and a good swimmer. Will they let me take him? Should I even want to take him? Is there an age limit for safety? Advice, please???????????
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: 11 year old & Cave tubing

My children were 8 & 10 when we went river tubing in Ocho Rios (8 was the minimum age). I'm not sure how similar the two excusions are, but the kids did fine on this one.

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:18 PM
First Mate

we booked with extream cave tubing off the boat and it was very safe for children and cheaper.So they would probly let your son go
..we wore life jackets and had a blast very informative compared to the cruise tour ive heard...

Old June 9th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We did the cave tubing in Belize through Xstream and my son is ten. It is a 45 walk through the jungle carrying your inner tube and then tubing down the river. Depending on the time of year you're there the river can be low and you have to do a lot of paddling, which the kids can have a hard time with. Having said that we did it and had a ball. I would highly recommend Xstream. It was $60 and then we paid another $5 for a chicken barbeque lunch.
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:07 PM
First Mate

Last summer we did the cave tubing in Belize with my 3 kids. I was concerned because my son was only 11. MY friend had done it with her 9 year old the year before. We both booked the carnival excursion. No problem. Very safe. They say it's for 12 and up but that's only on paper. We had a great time.
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:30 PM
CanadynGrl@aol.com

there are other companies offering the same excursions - one, at least, offers a cave tubing excursion for families which includes smaller tubes for smaller people - look at your options (you may find that the group numbers are smaller, the excursion is as good or better, the cost is lower, etc.