Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Passenger

Default New Orleans Hotel and Parking at the pier

Hey everyone!!! Going on the Conquest on Sept. 5th. does anybody know what hotels are close to the ship. Right now I am staying at the Fairmont. Is it close? And does anyone know what it cost to park at the terminal? Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2004, 10:37 PM
MexicoBob

Default Re: New Orleans Hotel and Parking at the pier

Nor sure where the Fairmont is. If it is close to the French Quarter, it is close to the pier. The Hilton Riverside is very close.
Parking was $10 a day in June 2002. May have gone up a dollar since then. We parked at the Fulton Street Garage. Some hotels let you park in their lots for a fee.
Taxis can be expensive, even to ride for a few blocks.

Make sure you check out the French Quarter.

MexicoBob
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Cpt

The Fairmont is a little over a mile away from the terminal. The Hilton on Poydras is connected to the Riverwalk, which is connected to the terminal. It is a great place to stay, but can be pricey. Parking at the terminal is $12 per day, from what our TA told us. The Fulton Street Garage is also $12 per day, but may be easier to get out of.

I have never been on a cruise (going on Conquest 9-26) but have been to New Orleans many times. It is a unique place to visit, to say the very least. Be careful walking around. Make sure you stay on main streets. The Fairmont is located right off Canal Street. Once you cross Canal, and go down a block or two, you will be at Bourbon Street. It's pretty wild on Saturday nights. During the day, Royal Street(one street over from Bourbon) has great antique shops to visit. There are lots of local artists around selling their art. Of course, there is plenty to see at Jackson Square and the French Market. We enjoy going to the piano bar at Pat O'Briens. But you have to get there around dark, or you may not get in. Have a hurricane while you are there. They are great. Also, Pat O's is the only place that has a clean bathroom on Bourbon Street.
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

I had orginally booked at the Hilton Homewood Suites, but after reading how close the Hilton Riverside is to the pier, I moved our reservation there. I understand that they will allow guests to leave their cars in their garage, but it's as expensive as port parking. We'll probably go ahead and drive ourselves and park at the port. We'll be in no big hurry to get out as we're driving home anyway.
Old June 9th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Passenger

I have read on another board of a cruise special $99 rate (including one week parking) for the Hilton Riverside in New Orleans. This may be something to look into.
Old June 9th, 2004, 02:50 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: New Orleans Hotel and Parking at the pier

If anyone finds out where that $59 hotel is, please let me know. Be careful where you stay though. I was there last year and I think there was cockroaches in my room. That was the Ambassador.
Old June 9th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Really? That's interesting. When I booked our room, I told them that we were cruising, but they didn't offer a special rate of any kind. I may have to give them a call....
Old June 9th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Really? That's interesting. When I booked our room, I told them that we were cruising, but they didn't offer a special rate of any kind. I may have to give them another call....
Old June 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

The Doubletree is also a very good choice - we stayed there and watched the ships sail away from our window. Its within a very short walking distance that is totally managable even with luggage.