Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Deb D.
Default Airfare Prices

We'll be cruising in February and purchasing the airfare on our own (cleveland to orlando). I can't decide if I should purchase our tickets now at $256.70/each or wait awhile and hope the prices come down a bit.

What are your thoughts on where airfare prices are going to go between now and February? Do you think I should jump at the $257 fare now?

As you can tell, I am not much of a gambler.

Glory: 2005
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2004, 12:07 PM
First Mate
Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey
Default Re: Airfare Prices

Personally I would wait. If you dont have one already, get an account at Travelocity.com (its free to start up) and put your destination on the list of airfares for them to watch. They will alert you when the price goes up or down. Usually, if you have that long to wait, you will run into a week or even a day that there is a good deal offered. Also, periodically check the airlines sites, or use Qixo.com to check them all for you b/c sometimes they have special deals that are only available if you book directly through the airline.

Victory, here I come!! - October 2, 2004

Old June 14th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Default Re: Airfare Prices

If your dates are flexible, you might want to try checking with these two airlines:

www.usa3000.com --they fly out of cleveland to St. petersburg, Ft. Lauderdale, and Ft. Myers. Fares can start at either $59. or $79. each way.

www.airtran.com --they fly out of Akron-Canton to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, and several other florida cities. Their fares start at $99. p/person, and sometimes they have better specials.

Also, you might want to try www.vacationexpress.com. They fly from Youngstown, OH, about 1 hour out of Cleveland, to Orlando/Sanford airport, straight through flights. The prices start at $69. pp, each way. We used this in May, and my mom lives beside the Youngstown airport, and got a special on 4 tickets, buy one, get one free, and flew all 4 round trip for $356., rented a car, and drove over toTampa, and did the same on the way back. It was an excellent flight.

We live in NE Ohio, and have flown from Cleveland, Akron-Canton, and Pittsburgh.
We like to fly in the day before the ship leaves, and then you can stay at a hotel in the departure city to rest up for the cruise, and the day the ship leaves, be refreshed, and be at the port around 11 to 11:30AM to board the ship to enjoy the most of the day. You can check on www.priceline.com to book a room, and check biddingfortravel.com to find out how to bid on the rooms. Or just ask cruisemates for help. I haven't done the priceline yet, just found out about it, and next cruise I sure will use it. Usually you pay about $50. for a really nice 3 or 4 star hotel. So if you can save $$$ on the air by going a day early, use that $$ for the hotel, and extend you vacation by a day or two! Good Luck!

Have a great cruise!

Post Edited (06-14-04 13:00)

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!

airfare, february, prices