Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2004, 04:34 PM
mnhenderson

Default Radisson Riverwalk Tampa??

Has anyone stayed here recently?I just won a 50 dollar bid on priceline.I have read that it is pretty nice.They have a shuttle that will take you anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel(including the port).Any other helpful information?? Thanks, Mariann
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2004, 06:02 PM
BJKeen

Default Re: Radisson Riverwalk Tampa??

That's a great price those rooms run from $100. - $200.00 per night. The hotel is 1 mile from the port. They will shuttle you to the port. In my opinion it is a classy hotel, I've never stayed there but I live in the Tampa Bay area and I went inside the hotel to see if they had accomodations for a cruise group get together. It looked like some place I would like to stay.
Old June 15th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Passenger

I also booked this hotel and got a special cruise rate of $89.00. You can also leave your car parked there for less than at the Carnival docks.
Old June 16th, 2004, 12:34 PM
ede

Default Re: Re: Radisson Riverwalk Tampa??

Our group just stayed there a little over a week ago. Parking was $5 per day/ pay in advance. Shuttle to port was free but you'd better call desk first thing because they are limited in number of shuttles and no large shuttle van. So it takes time to make multiple trips to port. Even though port is close, it is through downtown so it took about 5 or 10 min. to get there. I heard them tell someone that called while we were enroute to port that it would be almost 2 hours before they could be shuttled to port because they were so backed up.

Also, channelside area is nice and fun to go to the night before but don't be fooled and walk the "three quarters of a mile"...ask them to shuttle you. Was ok, but rather deserted in the late evening and we definitely didn't feel safe to walk back so we called for the shuttle. Felt like more than a mile.

Also...they told us that the port valet would call the hotel when we returned from the cruise so that they shuttle could come and get us. They didn't and we ended up getting shuttled back to the Radisson by one of the other shuttle services that felt sorry for us!!
So be sure you have return shuttle info clear before you leave. We were stranded in the sun with lots of luggage and no shuttle!

It's a nice place but just allow plenty of time for inconveniences. The hotel people were very nice but I just don't think they're really set up to cater to "cruisers"
Old June 16th, 2004, 01:05 PM
mnhenderson

Default Re: Re: Re: Radisson Riverwalk Tampa??

Thanks for the saftey tips and shuttle info. Mariann
Old June 17th, 2004, 05:58 AM
bjkeen

I wouldn't attempt to walk it either and I live here. Also I wouldn't venture off of 7th Ave. if visiting Ybor either.
Old June 17th, 2004, 12:18 PM
mnhenderson

Thanks BJKEEN.You have been a wealth of information to all my Tampa questions.(Here and on the other board I frequent.Thanks again for taking the time. Mariann
Old June 17th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

I also live in Tampa. That is a really nice hotel you got. Trolly ride to Ybor is always fun. Just be sure to get off in Ybor at the Centro Ybor sign. Conducter can help you with that. If you have time the absolute best restarant down there is Acropolis. It's a small greek place on the corner of 7th and 19th. If you go in the evening they have a belly dancer, music, and alot of audience participation. The prices are really great. I try to get in there at least twice a month!!

Hope you enjoy Tampa!!
Old June 17th, 2004, 06:47 PM
mnhenderson

Thanks Melody,I better not tell my husband about that belly dancer or we may never get on the boat (: Have a good weekend ,Mariann