Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Default Sting Ray City

Our ship will be in Grand Cayman from 7am - 3pm. Which companies are the most accomadating to people that are are cruise ships. I don't want to miss my tour (if I schedule and early morning one) and I don't want to get left in Grand Cayman

Siena Blaze

NCL Sea Dec 01
RCL Monarch of the Seas Jan 03

on the Inspiration
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Sting Ray City

Siena

I used Soto's Cruises. It was $24/pp and they took us to two snorkel sites and Sting Ray sandbar. Took about 2 hours. They picked us up at the end of the pier and dropped us back off there. No problems with getting back to the ship on time. I would highly recommend them. There were about 14 people on the boat and we all had a great time.

Darcy
Old June 15th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Does Sotto's provide masks, snorkels and fins (in the cost or at a reasonable amount extra) for their excursion? My husband and I each have our own equipment and plan on brining snorkels and masks for our kids but need to know if fins will be available? (they are so bulky - we'd rather not take them with us)

Is there a minimum age for the excursion? My 8 year old is 49" tall and a very powerful swimmer, as she's taken swimming lessons since she was 4 months old, and we're hoping we don't run into a lot of age restrictions which prevent us from enjoying activities as a family.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tracey
Old June 15th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Thge only absolute way to ensure that your tour will not be left behind is to book with the ship. Yes there are a number of good operators that are independant but there are some that are pretty shabby as well. We have done both and the ships tour had the best boat, equipment, and guides.
Jim

Old June 15th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Sting Ray City

Thank you Darcy

I had my first Physical Therapy appointment today and my therapist suggested Soto tours. I'm going to go with them.

Siena Blaze

Old June 15th, 2004, 09:09 PM
First Mate

I just e-mailed Soto's Cruises. I am leary of something coming up ahead of time. They said there is no charge for the ship not making the dock on time, 50% charge of no shows, and if you are sick and notify them that morning, there is no charge. You can bring your own equipment if you want.
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Soto's provided all of the fins, masks, and snorkels. Some people brought thier own. I don't think there is an age requirement. There was a couple on the boat with two younger children, about 3-4 and 5-6. The older one snorkeled with a life vest on (Soto's provided) and the younger one just got out at the Sting Ray sandbar where it was shallow.

Darcy
Old June 16th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

used soto's 10 years ago for 9 days of scuba, including sting ray city. they are a good company to go with & will take good care of you. we used their scuba equipment, but our own mask, fins, snorkel. i believe they have them available for rent, though. sting ray city is so cool!