Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:28 PM
kernfam01

Default Car seats from TPA airport to pier...m

When we cruise my kids will be 4 and almost 2 (1yr 8 mths). Both still requiring car seats in our state. I am holding the younger one on my lap in the plane, and not bringing a carseat on the plane of the older one. (yes I know the dangers of turbulance so no need to post about that) So what my question is, we are flying in the day B4 & staying at a hotel. I am concerned about the ride from airport to hotel from hotel to pier. Yes I am concerned about my kids saftey, but I am leary of dragging 2 giant car seats along, only to just take up room in our cabin. I am worried we won't be able to get a ride in a taxi or something if I don't have a seat. Just very torn as what to do. I know on public busses they are not required, wondering if this is the same for shuttle busses, if we stay at a hotel that has a shuttle to pick us up and drop us off. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Car seats from TPA airport to pier...m

I am in a similar situation, traveling with an infant to places where it may not be possible to use car seats. I have been told that busses and shuttle busses are the way to go. (We are bringing the sit-and-stroll, but many taxis in foreign ports aren't equipped to strap them in.)

Old June 15th, 2004, 03:42 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

Is there another adult that could have the 4 year old on his/her lap on the shuttle? I have seen this done many times with no troubles at all.

Old June 15th, 2004, 10:03 PM
kernfam01

I guess I am not so much concerned with needing one in the ports. From what I have read, there are no laws about it. I am just concerned that I am going to get to tampa, and I won't be able to get a ride, be it by taxi, shuttle or whatever, because I am not going to have any car seats. I did have 1 travel agent tell me, don't you worry, there will be somebody there to take your money and give you a ride, but it has me a bit worried. Just wanted to add that I am a very strict mother when it comes to car seats, so this is a bit unusual for me, but with all the crap I have to bring along when traveling w/ kids, I am just not going to be dragging the big seats, for a total of probably 15 minutes in a taxi. KWIM?
Old June 16th, 2004, 05:00 AM
bjkeen

Default Re: Re: Car seats from TPA airport to pier...m

You could call taxi companies and ask them. One cab company iin Tampa is Yellow Cab. If Carnival made your flight arrangements you could tell them you want to ride the shuttle bus.
Old June 16th, 2004, 05:16 AM
bjkeen

Bay Shuttle
(866) 259-9929 or (813) 259-9998 I found this on the taxi cab and transportation site for Tampa.
Best of luck!
Old June 16th, 2004, 10:01 AM
kernfam01

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to call the shuttle and the cab company b4 we go just to be sure . I didn't arrange air thru carnival cuz we are flying in the day b4, and I saw no reason to pay practically double for our airfare, just because we would get a shuttle ride, lol! Thanks again!!