Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Jeanne Walter

Default Cruise wedding ceremony

Daughter wanting to have her wedding ceremony on Carnival cruise line out of Tampa. We are having a hard time get much information, if you've are planning a cruise wedding on board please give us any information that will be helpful.. If you've had your wedding on the cruise please any advise, If you had to do over would you do it again or not..Her main concern is if the area you get married in is tacky... we are also wanting to have the reception with open bar, is it worth it... Thanks for any help anyone could give us...
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Cruisingbear

Default Re: Cruise wedding ceremony

Dear Jeanne,
I tried 2 years ago to plan our wedding on our Carnival Eastern Caribbean cruise.
You are right, trying to get information about weddings is very difficult. I was treated
rudely and we decided not to have our wedding on the cruise.
First: Carnival has a wedding department. You will have to call during the day Mon-Fri
to talk to a coordinator. Have them email you with the information. There are certain
ports that you can get married at on the ship. The ship must be in port. The captain
does not have the authority to marry at sea (only on TV). You can get married while in
port just before embarkation. Also, most ports will have private wedding coordinators
that will coordinate everything from license, location, flowers, clergy, and reception
no matter how big or small. For example: You can be married on the beach or a
beautiful hillside in St. Thomas, USVI with all the above mentioned items including a
small reception for just the bride and groom for under $1000.00. Use the web to
research your options. Once you are on the destinations website, just type in wedding
and you will get plenty of imformation. By the way, St.Thomas would have been a
breathtakingly awesome place to be married.
Also, if Carnival gives you any trouble, get a personal vacation planner to assist you.
Be firm and insist on being compensated for your trouble. We received a free bottle of
champagne for our trouble when we tried to plan our wedding.
Good Luck and Best Wishes.
Happy Sailing....................
Old June 18th, 2004, 03:10 AM
First Mate

I think I saw some pictures in the gallery of a few of tthe chapels on board the ships I didnt think they were tacky......good luck

Old June 18th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Call my PVP she'll help you. Her name is Janis 1-800-819-3902 ext 82333