CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Cruise Director on Carnival Destiny (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/197954-cruise-director-carnival-destiny.html)

CruiseAholic June 18th, 2004 11:27 AM

Cruise Director on Carnival Destiny

Does anyone know if John Heald is the current cruise direcor on the Carnival Destiny? I will be cruising on the Destiny in September and I was wondering if he would be the CD. I've heard he's very entertaining.

Nisha June 18th, 2004 11:51 AM

Re: Cruise Director on Carnival Destiny

I just returned from the Destiny on june 13 and the new cruise director's name is Josh. He is pretty entertaining and he always has some jokes to make especially when the various games are going on.

maynovmom June 18th, 2004 02:46 PM

Re: Re: Cruise Director on Carnival Destiny

How was the Destiny? We are going on it next April.

nhtweety June 20th, 2004 11:03 AM

We were on the destiny in May. the overall ship was in good condition. There are a few areas that need repair. It is an older ship so it will show some wear. Josh was a great cruise director, we had a bad cruise, he was the only one who kept us in good spirits. Dress codes in the dining room were not enforced. The majority of the staff was pleasant and there was always something to do. We had the late seating at dinner so by 330 we wanted somthing to eat, the lines were very long since some of the restaurants are closed getting ready for the dinner buffet.

maynovmom June 20th, 2004 01:59 PM

why was the cruise bad?

Sara754 June 20th, 2004 05:35 PM

im on the Destiny in July and I was just making sure that there is a minibar in the room that i can empty to use as a regular fridge?

Sara754 June 20th, 2004 05:36 PM

im on the Destiny in July and I was just making sure that there is a minibar in the room that i can empty to use as a regular fridge?

nhtweety June 20th, 2004 08:55 PM

we had the balcony room and there was not a mini bar in ours. maybe in the suits

Nisha June 21st, 2004 09:43 AM

I had a great time on the Destiny!!! We had 8:00 p.m. seating in the Universe Dining Room and the food was great every day to me. I think the Destiny is a great ship and a great way to see the Southern Caribbean Ports. My suggestion is to spend the weekend (if you can) in Puerto Rico before you get on the cruise, because there is so much to see and do in San Juan.

Nisha June 21st, 2004 09:44 AM

I also had a balcony room and no mini-bar just the buckets of ice (*smile*)

Destiny June 22nd, 2004 09:24 PM

Yes I just wen this past week 6/12-6/20 and the CD was Josh. He is very nice and funny, easy to talk to and takes his time to get to know you. Overall the Destiny was not that bad although rules are loosely enforced and the shows were very nice. I enjoyed the company of Tara (dont know her last name, someone help me?) Anyway, it was fun and I recommend it, although there is an overwhelming number of puerto ricans which isnt a bad thing because I enjoyed a handful of them. Bye.