Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2004, 05:48 PM
misssea

Default luggage

How many pieces of luggage did you take on your cruise and what sizes were they, including carry-on?
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: luggage

I take a small hard Samsonite carry on size that I check in and one carry on that has my laptop and camera and other personal things in it. I can pack a week's worth of clothing in the one I check in and use the laundry or send out clothes to be laundered and pressed if I have more than one formal night or run out of clean clothing.

I used to pack like a mule for a cruise, but no more. I NEVER wore all those clothes I took and now I only take 4 pairs of shoes at the most...walking shoes, loafers, dress shoes and sandals.

What's nice about Carnival is that they have guest laundry services and you can do some laundry if you run out if you're on a longer cruise.

Old June 19th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

hubby & i shared a large suitcase and carried some bag on with 1 change of clothes if needed for the 1st night. that little bag also had meds, etc. in it. the kids shared a larger suitcase and each had a carry-on type bag with a clothing change, books and other entertainment/personal items. that was for a 5-night. both suitcases have outside zippered pocket and let me tell you - they were full to the max. we just decided it was easier to have 2 heavy suitcases than try to wrestle with a bunch of smaller ones. not sure what we will do this year, as it is a 7-nighter.

i only took sandals, tennies and water shoes, as did hubby & son. daughters took tennies, water shoes, sandals, flip-flops (who knows how many). they also took hot rollers, curling irons, makeup, jewelry - i really don't know how they got it all packed.
Old June 19th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

For both my husband and myself, we each have a 26" suitcase, then we share a garment bag. Usually 2 carry-on's, one with camera stuff and the other with the usual carry-on things, like shampoo, etc...

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 19th, 2004, 08:32 AM
First Mate

For a 7 day cruise, going to port 2 days early, I use a 26" expandable suitcase and I take a very small (12 x 9 x 7) carryon. I have learned to mix and match all my clothes so I don't need too many. 3 pair of shoes (1 dress, 1 sandal, 1 walking shoe).

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09