Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:42 AM
Passenger

Default Letter from carnival offering discount

I have a question for you guys....

Ok..I booked our cruise for a family of 4 7dayer with a TA last February. Our cruise isn't till 8-29-04 and the final payment was made June 10th. I had a complaint filed on our last cruise where our little boy was treated horribly by a cook at one of the grills..other passengers even witnessed the outrageous rudeness when they said our son was being so polite!! Anyhow....I recieved a letter from Dickinsons office stating that they would like to offer us a 15% discount on our next cruise (I guess they didn't know we just booked one!) and offered a bon voyage gift to our cabin.
So I called Carnival and asked if this 15% could be applied to my current booking and she said absolutly it could and to contact my TA and have them call and give the reference number. So I emailed my TA AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T RESPONDED TO ME!! I told them that if they can't refund the actual cash then to have it credited to my room as shipboard credit. That will be about $490 !!!

What do you all suggest I do? Anyone have a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2004, 12:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Letter from carnival offering discount

keep after the TA to act on this for you...that's what you have paid her for. go down to the travel agency's office if necessary.

Don't let up - this is essential to follow through on. Something similar to this happened to us last year, and after receiving the credit, we considered ourselves well compensated, but when we got to the pier, we were surprised with a significant upgrade too (it was on RCCL not Carnival) So you never know how far they will o to please you and keep you as loyal cruiser.

Old June 22nd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to morriscats Send a message via MSN to morriscats

Mom,

Are you on the Pride??? We are also on that sailing. Nana, Papa and granddaughters 14 & 11. My daughter and son-in-law also with his boys, 9 & 7. Can't wait.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Letter from carnival offering discount

Yes we are on the pride August 29th! My husband and I I have a 12 yr old son...and my daughter will be 15 at the time. They love cruising!!!!!
Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:41 PM
bakmmo

We had used a similar credit for similar reasons, but remember the discount is on the cost prior to the port fees and taxes.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Letter from carnival offering discount

Yeah that is what it said...but still...thats a lot of money to use onboard!

Thanks