Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2004, 12:57 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise and Cabin help needed?

My parents are considering taking my sister and I and our families on a cruise in January. I know....tough problem. Besides the obvious happiness of going, here are some of our questions.

1. My wife and I have cruised only once together on the Triumph in January 2004. We had the best time. We took our 8 year old with us and left our 18 month old triplets at home with my sister. She said we needed a break and we agreed. My wife and I have no particular preference to what cruise line we travel on...except that if we go in January 2005 and take all 4 of the kids, then having a children's program is a must. So far....I believe that only Carnival and Norweigan are the only two that have a supervised program that includes 2 year olds.

2. My sister and her husband and two girls (8 & 14) probably have no preference which crusie line they go on. They have never been on a cruise.

3. My parents have crusied many, many times on every cruise line except for Carnival. Why? I have no idea really. They know that we had a great time and loved the pictures of the Triumph.....however, I am still a little worried about pushing them int he Carnival direct and they pay for it all and then don't enjoy it.

4. What is the best way to book this group of people ( 3 or 4 cabins). My parents always get a balcony. I was thinking of booking 3 quad cabins and then we can sleep the triplets where ever once on board. We had lots of room on the Triumph, but not so sure how this would work out on the Norweigan Sun. The other though is to pay a little more and get a fourth cabin (adjoining) for the kids. I guess the only difference in cost would be the loss of a 3rd and 4th person rate from one of the other cabins....right??

Any other thoughts or comments from those more experienced would be great.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Cruise and Cabin help needed?

Todd

While we don't travel with as many people as you are traveling with we also have four children who we cruise with. We book two cabins right next to each other. Our children are a little older so we don't have to have adjoining cabins. Adults are in one and kids in the other. This gives the adults some privacy and also gives us an extra bathroom that I think is a must when you have six people traveling together.

I haven't cruised Norwegian but have friends that have cruised with them several times and enjoyed it. They also have cruised Carnival and RCI and like both of those lines also. My kids have had a better time on Carnival so that's what we've been going with. I'm sure whatever you decide you'll have a great time.

Hope this helps.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old June 22nd, 2004, 01:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

you could book a balcony, and then the inside cabin directly across from it, to save some money. For such a large group, I'd recommend a TA, particularly a larger chain that does high volume cruises. The prices are comparable to other sources, and the benefit of having a travel professional to intercede on your behalf for all your needs is invaluable.

I am a huge fan of Royal Caribbean's voyager class ships, but i believe their kids program is for 3 and over.

Sailing on the Miracle this upcoming week - it looks like a favorable one...I'll let you know.

Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:27 PM
First Mate

Well we also have 4 children and what we did is put 1 in with my mom one with my sis n 2 in our room even though they will probly all be in with us we had the convience of not spending as much money and were able to save an extra 400.00$$$.

Now the other question about your parents not enjoying the cruise on carnival I honestly think that if they enjoy cruising they will have fun no matter what line you take unless they do not enjoy all the children..... And if they are taking all of you with your children then they must be ok with the kids.. When they see how much fun you all are having that will probly gve them all the enjoyment they will need... I know my mom said on our 1 st cruise just seeing our faces when we got aboard the ship was the best thing that she had seen .........Also we are cruising in Jan of 2005 the 23rd on the Pride I cant wait also we have a group of 10 cabins going and we had no problem booking w cc agent and got some perks...so good luck n have fun ............

Old June 23rd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Cruise and Cabin help needed?

Thanks for the comments so far....keep em coming.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Hi, We are a family of 2 adults, 2 kids(girls are 13,7) leaving Miami for a West. Caribb.on Jan.23/05, but we will be on the new Carnival Valor. Your parents might like it because it is a new ship, if they are worried about that sort of thing. Because there is just the 4 of us we are getting a quad Inside Guar.(much cheaper; wish we could Balcony it though!!). I think if one of your rooms was a Balcony, that would be neat-maybe the Grandparents?? Bye for now.Let us know what you decide.

Old June 23rd, 2004, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Hi, Just checked the online place I booked through;now the OV Guarantee is cheaper than most the Insides!!!!!!!!!!! The price has gone up since I booked and I will not be able to take advantage of the OV rate;but if you haven't booked and were thinking about that particular cruise and the prices seemed reasonable too-I would definately get an OV Guarantee. But as you said you need your rooms close together obviously!!, so a Guarantee would not work for you?!!

Old June 24th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Cruise and Cabin help needed?

Brenda in Canada....

Thanks for your posts...I did look at the Valor....would be really nice to be on a new ship, but some friends of ours are also going ont he Victory on the 9th and we were going to try and get on with them if we picked Carnival. I guess I am also a little worried about it being so new and maybe some of the problems around that. Staff not being use to the new ship....little problems with things not working perfectly...?

Where in Canada do you live....I live in London....actually a little north of London but work downtown.

Todd