Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:17 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey
Default Increased Security at Ports?

I have been reading and seeing a lot about increasing security at many ports around the country, but it looks like it really only will affect the freight going in an out of the ports, not really passengers....Is this accurate? Anyone know if we should expect added security measures especially sailing out of NYC? I am never one to complain about extra security, I just like to know what to expect.

Thanks!
Carey

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Increased Security at Ports?

Well I just returned from the Carnival Destiny and they had the security screen every time you got on the boat. They screen your bags, purchases and etc...through the electronic scanner that you use at the airports. It didn't make the line really long, but they have gone a step up to keep the passengers safe.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Increased Security at Ports?

Security in NYC was even more tight than my previous post 9/11 cruise out of that port. This time they had bomb sniffing dogs on the parking deck. The checked every car and kept a tight watch over the parking decks. Getting on the ship was normal. They had metal detectors and xrays for the bags.
Hope that helps