Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2004, 10:00 AM
brand new girl

Default Minors Sharing A Room

on my next cruise, i will be sharing a room with my sister (15) and cousin (14). i'm 17, so therefore we are all considered minors..but isn't carnival's policy all minors must be accompanied by someone over 25? my grandma asked her travel agent about this, and he said that there would be no problem. hmmm..are we going to have any problems with this??

carnival legend :: 7/18
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2004, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Minors Sharing A Room

As long as there is someone in your party over 25 its not a problem. My husband and I travel with our kids and we book two rooms right next to each other. Adults are in one and the children are in the other. We've never had a problem.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old June 23rd, 2004, 11:33 AM
Art

Interesting. We just booked a cruise on Monday for me, DW, DD and her friend. The TA said that carnival would only book us with an adult in each room. I fugured I would wait and see what we could work out at embarkation.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 11:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Look at FAQ's on the Carnival website - it clearly states that minors can be in their own cabin if their parents/grandparents are onboard too.

Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you're taking someone under the age of 25 and the last name is not the same such as in a daughter's friend then the policy is they must be booked in the cabin with an adult. This is strictly for booking purposes and once on board you can go to which ever cabin you choose (that you have assigned that is)..
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Tiger31

oh...me and my bro and sis (15,16,20) are all booked together, although i dont think that means anything now.
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Passenger

We just got back and we had no problem with the kids in one room and the adults in the other. The only thing that did come up was when we booked one adult was put in the kids room so his sign and sail/room key was for that room, but all we did was go to the pursers desk and had a room key made for him and one for the kid that was put in the adult room.
Old June 28th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

i don't know why, but the ta always tells you that an adult has to be in each room. then you go to the website and it just isn't so for families. we always book side-by-side rooms for our kids 19,16,11 and ourselves.
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Passenger

There has to be a family member over the age of 25 yr old in each cabin. they are very strict with this. There is also a form you have to fill out that makes the "adult" in your room your legal gardian for the week. They wont let you board without this form. You might want to call carnival and straighten that out so you dont have problems at embarkation.
Old June 28th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Passenger

We did not have to fill out any forms. I called CCL 2 days before sailing and was told once we boarded we could sleep however we wanted.

We even went to the Pursers desk and explained that the kids were in one room and we in the other to get the extra keys. No problem.
Old June 29th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

carnival's website even states that children traveling with their parents may occupy their own room. i had been told by multiple ta's that the parents had to be booked in each room, so when i heard that wasn't so, i went out there and looked for myself. i think most people stop reading at the first paragraph where it talks about minimum ages. but read on - it goes into different rules for families.
Old June 29th, 2004, 10:32 AM
kimf

We have never had a problem with our children being in the cabin across the hall from us. We do it every time, there is NEVER an issue. Good luck.
Old June 29th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Passenger

i understand what guys are saying but what carnival agents are doing is putting 1 adult in each room. Once you get on the ship then nobody really cares. As far as the form is concerned, i traveled as a guest may 16th and they made it very difficult. I even talked to the agents supervisor. everyone told me i have to have the form during embarkation. Maybe thats changed in the last 60 days?
Old June 29th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Passenger

When we sailed my nephew was traveling with us and they did ask us if we had temp guardianship for him. I asked him to explain and he said it was more for medical emergencies. We had a notarized letter from his mother and power of attorney for medical. We did not have to personally fill out any forms but the person at the check in counter filled something out. He did not even look at the letters that we had.
Old June 30th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisenut1

I book children in cabins NEXT to their parents often, it is not a problem if it is FAMILY.
The rule used to be a 25 year old must be in the cabin with someone under the age of 18, but that has changed. Sometimes there are still agents at Carnival (and other cruise lines) that say you can't do it, I say thank you, hang up, and call back and do it all over again.
They encourage families to travel together, but they expect that parents will not let the kids run wild, and will be responsible for any damage, or problems in both cabins.

Monarch of the Seas
Carnival Elation
http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=04&year=2009&day=26&hour=16:00[/img] Carnival Splendor
Old July 2nd, 2004, 08:55 AM
nimbex

Sharing a room is one thing... how was it booked and is tere someone over 25 in your party? We had 3 rooms, three adults, three kids. Carnival made us split up the kids one per room with an adult for booking.... then we coordinated luggage tags and did our own room arranging.

This did present a HUGE problem with the sign and sail cards... as each kidhad access to our $25,000.00 charge card. for some reason those inept idiots could not code the cards to have a dfferent limit.

Plus, we needed to have access to all three rooms... huge problem, half the cards worked, took over three trips to the prusers desk.. each time a differet card wouldn't open the doors.... ugh!!!!

Plus we were dispersed over three floors. ended up exactly as we wanted hub and self in one... grandma and son in one and 13 and 16 yr old in the other... we just had to monitor their charging.

If you lack an adult... I don't know how you booked this and should call carnival to confirm... mind you if you called three times... you may get different answers....

love CCL but know their faults.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 08:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

we didn't give our kids a sail & sign card and hubby & i share one. all the kids get is their soda card & room key.