Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2004, 11:37 AM
nhoj423

Default Camp Carnival, do they check proof of age?

I'm going on the Miracle in a couple of weeks and does anyone know if you need proof of age when you sign your kids up for the camp? The one age bracket is 9-12, my boys are 8 and 11. Would I be able to say at the camp that my younger son is 9 or do you need proof of age? They always play together and I think they wouldn't be inhibited and they would have more fun if they were together.

John
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2004, 11:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Camp Carnival, do they check proof of age?

You cannot lie. They already have your kids ages on file when you booked the cruise and provided their birthdays, which has to match the birth certificate/passport document you will show at check in. Everything is computerized, so the camp easily accesses the ages and already has a print-out of the names & ages of all kids aboard and what group they fall into. Usually they are VERY strict about keeping kids in the appropriate age group, even if their birthday (which would move them into a different level) is only days away. (especially during the summer when the camp is crowded.)

But this isn't necessarily a bad thing. I also wanted my kids together, for the same reasons you mentioned, but it wasn't allowed. It turned out much better for them to have separate activites and meet different kids, make different friends. I was honestly surprised at how good it was compared to the following year when they were in the same group! So just go with the flow.

Post Edited (06-23-04 11:50)
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:10 PM
HOSKI

Default Re: Camp Carnival, do they check proof of age?

They verify the age to the manifest. You can not sneak or lie. They are very stict on this. Even if your child's birthday is in the middle of the cruise it goes by their age at the start of the cruise. (Can you tell I've dealt with this a few times?)