Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to NDalfrey
Default Alcohol drink card

Is it true about the $250.00 alcohol drink card? Someone once told me that they purchased one, but I am not sure if it was even on Carnival. Just checking to see if it's possible or if it's true.

Anyone know if it is fact or fiction?

Carnival Elation
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2004, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Alcohol drink card

Carnival has drink coupons that you can purchase. 4 coupons for $19.50.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old June 23rd, 2004, 05:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

I went to the Carnival site to check on drink prices to see if this coupon would be a good deal, but it looks like they have taken down the drink price "menu"... Wonder if this means they are increasing them?? Anyone know?

The $250 drink card would be the best idea in all of cruising history, but as of right now, it does not exist.

Old June 24th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

$250 for alcohol on a 7 day cruise??? Sounds like a lot to me.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 25th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the info....I thought it was too good to be true.

DH and I did some drink coupons last cruise...we were just hoping this time that what we heard was true....

Happy Sailing to everyone!!!

Carnival Elation
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Carnival does offer an alcohol card but it is only to groups. They want to have a group of 30 or more but sometimes if you push the issue you can get it with a group of about 15. It is a good deal if you arebig drinkers. It doesn't take long to rack up over $250 worth of drinks at $7 a crack. Hope this helps.
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:38 PM
First Mate

I bet it does not cover bottles of wine. That is what runs up our bar bill.

Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05
Old June 25th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Passenger

Thanks Mindy...I have my TA working on that for me now. We are a large group so far, 22 cabins. We have enough people, but alot of them are first timers and are having a hard time believing that they will drink that much...

Do you know anything about the card, is it "all you can drink" or are there limitations? Drink of the day is the big question, is it covered?

Any info you can give me on the card is a help, now that I have mentioned it to the group they are bombing me with questions...

Nancy

Carnival Elation
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:38 PM
hwireman

NDalfrey

I am also on the group cruise with Mindy and I can also vouch that the Alcohol Card does exist. The price of the card would average out to $35 a day and that is easy to spend on a ship. It is good on all alcoholic drinks including GLASSES of wine but not BOTTLES.

Another thing we "almost" didn't find out on booking a group cruise...Carnival awards group POINTS for all of the cabins. The TA does NOT tell you about this. You have to have them call CCL and find out what your points are and get a copy of the Point Award System to pick how you want to use the points. Our particular cruise we received 6 points per room. We are going with the Champagne and Chocolates in each room and $125 per room shipboard credit. Just a little FYI for you.

With 22 cabins booked you should definitely be elgible for the card. Good luck.

Hey all you Valor Group Cruisers...Can't wait to meet you all.
Old June 26th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Alcohol drink card

I have had to work with two TA's, the first one told me when we booked that there would be champagne and chocolates in each room but she told me it was because we booked over 8 rooms, nothing about points. The TA I am working with now told me something about a point system and that she would check into it for me.....I sure would like the $125 per room credit also.

Mindy and hwireman, how large is you guys group and when are you all sailing?

Thank you again for the information....everyday I feel smarter and smarter...learning so much...

Carnival Elation
Old June 26th, 2004, 12:28 PM
hwireman

We are on the Valor Cruise May 8th of 2005. You can read all about it in the Singles Message Board here on cruisemates. Under the Valor Group Cruise. We are looking at about 25 people right now and hoping it will grow to at least 50.

What your TA does not tell you is that the Chocolates and Champagne come from the use of people's group points. They make it sound like they are personally buying them for you. This isn't so. They also use your points to make "bonus commissions." So you have to really pinpoint them on this and make them give you your points. My TA is using one of our points to do the chocolates and champagne even though we wanted to use all the points for shipboard credits so that we would have $150. But she said the TA Owner was wanting to use one of the points so I said Oh well the Champagne will be nice I guess. No biggie. What would have been a biggie is if I would have found out about the points after the cruise. I feel that is wrong when you don't give your customers all of their information. Just a personal view their though.

I was very lucky in getting such a great TA and am really thankful. I guess it is just luck there.

What cruise are you on and when are you going?
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Alcohol drink card

hwireman,
You are a fountain of information for me...I love it!!! I don't know if my TA will love it and appreciate it but I sure do!!! I can't wait till tomorrow so that I can call her...she did mention something to me once about points, but I never quesitoned her about it, I will sure do that now.

I hope you guys get your group to 50....it will be fun.

We are going on the Elation out of Galveston on November 21...Thanksgiving Week
We have a lot of friends and family, everyone is bringing there kids for this cruise. The last one was all grown ups and when we returned home the kids told us that we could never do that again... Mine are older so it will be fun, my youngest will be 14 for the cruise so it's not like I have to watch him all the time. He will be with his brother who will be 17 and in the arcade and sister - 22 will be with us where ever we go...so they should all have a good time.

Thanks again for the info and anything else you find out, please pass it my way...

Have a great day!!!!

Carnival Elation