Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to mm3sides1972
Default Carnival Miracle info

Hi - I was just on the ship from June 12 to June 19th out of NYC. Me and my girlfriend (her first cruis, my second) had a BLAST!!! There were some things I wish I knew afterwards, some of the shore excursions were not fun at all, and very VERY expensive. If anyone is planning to take this ship, I can give you some info, some stuff I wished I knew afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2004, 08:04 PM
el

Default Re: Carnival Miracle info

Hi,

I'm traveling the Miracle on 7/24 out of NYC to Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport.
What excursions did you take and any other info you can give me would be highly appreciated since this is my first cruise. I am traveling with hubby, son 20, and daughter 16. Thanks.

El
Old June 24th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to mm3sides1972
Default Re: Re: Carnival Miracle info

Well, to start the excursions in Florida are all VERY expensive. Trips tp all the major theme parks are between $100 - 120 per person, and if you want the express passes tours it ends up being about $150 per person. Trips to the Kennedy space center is a little cheaper, but you still end up paying about $90 bucks per person. Me and my girlfriend decided to stay on the ship that day, which was a plus because it was EMPTY, we had the hot tub to ourselves for a long time, and the pools were for the most part empty. There was still some limited activities on the ship, not as much as sea days though.

Nassau was my biggest complaint. I did the Blue Lagoon snorkel tour. It says it was a 5 hour tour. It ended up being a 10 minute walk to the boat, another 45 minutes on the boat to get to the island. Then they told us we had an hour and 45 minutes on the island. We had to leave early because the boat made a stop at The Atlantis to drop off some passangers. That added another 45 minues to the tour that should have been spent at the beach. But the snorkeling was HORRID!! They make you walk through rocks to get to the part you can snorkle at, EVERYONE was falling over getting hurt. I have pics of what we had to walk through. It was horrid. We did it for about 20 minutes, then we walked over to the other side to the beach part. But everything they had to do was extra $$$. And the food was very high priced, $8 for a hot dog.

Freeport is a short day, but I saw video of the snorkel tour for that morning and it looked awesome. You go out in the middle of the ocean off of a boat. I would definitley recomend you do the Freeport snorkel tour, and do just a beach tour or whatever in Nassau.

Other than that, the boat is great. The entertainment is loads of fun, something for all ages. If there is anything else you wanted to know just let me know!!!