Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Beginner

Default cheating the soda card

we have our cards from the last cruise. I took off the dates and wrote in new ones. Think it will pass? I just don't know if the cards look the same ship to ship.
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: cheating the soda card

The soda cards increased in price six months ago. With the increase....a design change.

Old June 25th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Tiger31

hmmm....our three soda cards somehow manage to provide for out family of 5...go figure.
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:03 AM
jamiegunter

I would be scared they might notice. I wouldnt risk a bad experience on
my cruise vacation. They probally change the way the cards look often
for that reason. Some cruise lines just stick a sticker on your sail and sign
card(Celebrity does this).
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:18 AM
SuQu

I don't think it is necessary for all to have one. There were times when my son left his card in the room and I told my daughter to go get him a drink on hers. My son also go a drink for me once when I was having a coke craving. There are so many people, that I really think they rely more on the honor system. For the most part, we were honorable, but not always. On the formal nights, they saw my son's card and just assumed that my daughter had one too and didn't even ask to see hers.
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:25 AM
honestperson

The original post sure is a sad commentary on our society's general ethics. When people are so easily willing to cheat on the "little things", it generally doesn't take long before they cheat on the big things. If the soda cards are being used for children, that really teaches them a lesson in honesty, doesn't it?

Nobody's perfect and we've all made bad decisions but perhaps you should re-think your personal responsibilities.
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Admiral

You're kidding, right Cruiser2?

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:58 AM
reverendjeff

I couldn't agree with Honestperson more. Do you really need sodas that bad? The risk of getting caught is not even the issue. Why don't you just teach your children to distract the bartender while the other child takes sodas from the table? Isn't that the same thing?
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:26 AM
First Mate

I'll bet Cruiser2 hopes his room steward is more honest than he/she is!
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:46 PM
AshleyP

"For the most part we are honorable, but not always."

Please tell me that was a joke!? Is that really a lesson that you want to pass on to your children. I understand that there are some tough moral issues out there that require careful consideration, but drinking sodas surely isn't one of them!

Is your integrity really only worth the $1 that a glass of soda costs?
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:59 PM
oceanviews

Default Re: Re: cheating the soda card

I think your best bet would be to drink lemonade and the other FREE drinks they offer. This is just one of those questions that we all know the answer to. (No)

I still have my cruise price list from 6 years ago, I wonder if I should still get those cheaper rates! (just kidding of course!)

Have fun cruising all.
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Passenger

I think we should take up a collection and purchase Cruiser2 a couple of soda cards - anyone in -
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Passenger

Well Said Honestperson........
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Admiral

It's also a shame that Cruiser2 is so blatent about cheating. Not feeling guity or ashamed at all, pity.

Guess this is what our world is becoming, no morals or conscience anymore...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:30 PM
First Mate

I know this may sound bad but I know we all have at least thought about cheatin A system a time or two..No I do not agree with the soda thing but I know that there arent too many people that are willing to admit like cruiser2 did on doing it ... I do tthink it may not be such a good idea though cruiser2 may be you can save up for a new one before then .................................................. ..................................Shelly.......... ...........................................

Old June 25th, 2004, 05:32 PM
First Mate

Sheesh!!!!!!!

Please don't create a new category of respect for someone because they will be "honest" about cheating.

My kid used to try the argument on me that at least he wasn't a dope head or a child molester. Bad is bad and cannot be excused by less bad.
Old June 25th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Oh for crying out loud. It's not very much money in the first place and the simple fact is that if you do something like this or even 'share' the card you are stealing. Sure, it's minor and not much value but what price do you place on your integrity and reputation as a person. Frankly my price is infinately higher.
Jim

Old June 25th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Admiral

So true. How much is your integrity and good name worth? The most valuable possession one has is his integrity. Guard it with exemplary behavior.

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Passenger

Instead of cheating on the soda card, why not just stowaway. You say you are not that kind of person, but we already know you are.

Now we are quibling about the value of the theft.
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:43 AM
SuQu

Default Re: Re: cheating the soda card

Oh brother. Can you say judgemental and self-righteous(sp)? Let he who is without sin throw the first stone. I guess that means all of you. For your info, I did buy a drink card for BOTH of my kids. It is not my fault that the waiter didn't ask to see it. And if my daughter got a drink for my son on her card, it was okay, because he did actually have a card of his own. It was just left in the room. However, I do have to say that for the prices they charge, drinks should be included. I found the ship to be a real money pit.
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:56 AM
sls

I haven't found the ship to be a money pit. I drink the free drinks that are always available, you just have to get off your butt to get them. The soda people have addicted generations of people and the cruise ships capitalize on it.

Grant it my last cruise was all about relaxing in the sun and eating so my sign and sail card consisted of the tips and a few glasses of wine with dinner.

sls

Destiny 12/2004
Sensation 5/2004
Holiday 1/2004
Conquest 11/2003
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Yeoman

Money pit?? You don't have to spend a dime on your cruise if you don't want to. We don't drink or gamble. Everything is included. It's up to you how much you spend. You don't even have to do excursions if you don't want to. Take a cab, enjoy the beaches and go shopping. So it doesn't have to be a money pit unless you make it that way.

Old June 26th, 2004, 09:56 AM
First Mate

Not many things in life are free so you might as well take advantage of the ones that are, such as the AWESOME awesome lemonade. Or the punch or water or tea, eh? (and just so I don't start another argument or confusion or whatever you want to call it) I KNOW the lemonade/tea/punch is NOT free its just already paid for. Its included in what is already paid for. But same thing, might as well take advantage of whats already paid for, you can drink as much of that Lemonade as you want!! And I purchase a new Fountain Card each cruise, but I still think I drink more lemonade then I do soda. I usually drink 1-3 glasses of soda a day, mostly at night time hours. and about 6-12 glasses of Lemonade a day .

But geeze oh petes people, just buy a new one. See how many you cards you can collect I've got only 5 soon to be 6. I didn't know about them on my first cruise so I'm short one . And hey, I know everybody's cheated at least once, everyone has broken the law at least one time. But come on,,, a "cheating the soda card"?? why do you feel the need to cheat the soda card? *confused* pretty sad. You can't come up with $38.50(even if that) extra to purchase a new Soda Card?? then boy I don't know if you should be spending money on a cruise... wow. If you can't handle that, then take whats already paid for, LEMONADE, TEA, & PUNCH.

As far as I know these are the prices : for a child 18years or younger its only $4 per day. An 18+ year old its $5.50 per day. So I figured prices :::

7-Day Cruise :
18- year olds = $28
18+ year olds = $38.50

5-Day Cruise :
18- year olds = $20
18+ year olds = $27.50

4-Day Cruise :
18- year olds = $16
18+ year olds = $22

3- Day Cruise :
18- year olds = $12
18+ year olds = $16.50

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old June 26th, 2004, 11:09 AM
aileenfinkel

it's a shame some people REALLY have to pay for them & then others think they are reusable for the next cruise ???? It is worth being caught & maybe thrown overboard ??
Not me. We buy ours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 26th, 2004, 12:23 PM
pal900

Disney Cruise Line just announced they are now including soda at the 24 hour drink station... maybe the other cruise lines will follow. I am not a soda drinker at all... but I think it should be included, as it is in all inclusives and cruises are always saying they are the better value!
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Maybe it's just me but, I wouldn't think of stealing a dollar after paying thousands for a cruise. I also wouldn't think of smuggling booze on board knowing that it's against the rules and is considered stealing.

I wouldn't want my steward to take something from my room because it's just lying there either.

I learned when I was about 7 years old that stealing is wrong and so is lying. I was in 2nd grade and cheated the school cafeteria out of an ice cream bar. I had to pay for it, apologize to everyone and work in the school kitchen for a week.

I never ever ever cheated anyone, stole from anyone or lied to anyone after that. I guess some of us learn the hard way at a very young age and then grow up...and then again...some people never learn and even feel proud to pass their values on.

Old June 27th, 2004, 07:38 AM
spike

Wouldn't you think that if Carnival gives at no charge all that expensive food, that they could provide a self service soda fountain at no charge? I can see charging for caned/bottled soda if the wait staff delivers the drink, to provide the wait staff some incentive for tips.
Old June 27th, 2004, 07:44 AM
spike

I was just thinking, when you use the soda card to order a drink from a wait staff, they allways give you a "look" like they not getting a tip on this freebee.