Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:03 AM
Tiger31

Default parents with teens...

im on the pride right now, and let me tell YOU, there are NO rules, so, i really hope you have raised your kids well. my parents arent usually very permissizve (im 16) but they told us that for the cruisewe can stay outas late as we want to. So last night I came up and like 1am. my 15 year old brother didnt get in until 6 am. today when we were in the terminal doing some shopping, this man came up to him (he was a fellowcruiser- looked like early to mid 20s) came up to my brother and shook his hand and was like "hey this is the guy, this is a true gentleman" and stuff like that. and then he asked my dad if he was his son, and then he told him that lats night there was some girl who wasnt doing too well (meaning she was drunk as hell) and i guess he and some oher guys were lookin out for her, and thts why he got back so late. and these kids are only 15. also, the guy was making a bid deal out of my brother doing the CIVIL thing and not tkaing advanatge of or just leaving the girl. he booze is everywhere. so, like i siad, i hope you raised your kids well....
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:41 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey
Default Re: parents with teens...

Okay, half of that made no sense to me (proper pronunciation and capitalization would help), but I get happier and happier every day that I booked a cruise while most kids are hopefully in school. *crosses fingers*

Old June 25th, 2004, 03:38 PM
First Mate

That didnt really make much sense either Carey ....But thank you tiger31 for the insite on that. I do have a 15 yr old son and I hope and pray that I have raised him into a great young man...He is a very wonderful son ,all of my children are great. But I guess I didnt realize that the acohol was so free flowing even to younger kids. I will be sure to keep a very close eye on them .........................................
Thanks again Shelly

Old June 26th, 2004, 12:06 AM
tiger31

so sorry about that...reading it now im really embarassed about how hard to understand it is! wow....i wish i could delete this.....
Old June 26th, 2004, 06:38 AM
bjkeen

I think basically what this teen is trying to tell everyone is that employees on cruise ships are not responsible for your children. You are. Ships are floating resorts and children are your responsibility. Parents need to keep in mind that there are all sorts of people cruising and you do not know most of them. I have curfews for my kids everytime we cruise. My kids under 21 yrs. old are expected to be in the cabin by a certain time and never later than 1:00 a.m. after that the clubs and everything closes and the kids are just running wild. Don't get me wrong, my kids are not perfect little angels and I have been out looking all over the ship at 2:00 a.m. for my teenagers too. Nothing was open at 2:00 a.m. and there were no adults. The kids were just doing whatever they pleased. I always warn the kids and tell them that I have heard about children getting raped on cruise ships.

Here are the things I tell my kids and the kids cruising with us:
Never go into someone elses cabin.
Never let your drink out of your site, if this happens get another cup.
Tell me if anyone bothers you.
Always be in the cabin by 1:00 a.m. or I will be looking for you.
If an adult or another teen makes you uncomfortable, tell me.
Old June 26th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ahhh, this brings back memories of subjects posted not too long ago about the kids on the ships and how dangerous it is for them to be unsupervised.