Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default To Do's in Cape Canaveral

Other than the customary Walt Disney - Epcot - Universal- Sea World - Kennedy Space Center attractions - can anyone recommend anything interesting and fun to do in the Orlando/Cape Canaveral area?

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:28 AM
First Mate

Default Re: To Do's in Cape Canaveral

That's not enough???

I'm sure someone from the area will be able to give you ideas....

But I know our family really enjoyed the Kennedy Space Center when we went there in 1990....
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to mm3sides1972

I just did the criuse to Cape Canaveral...let me start off by saying all the excursions were very expensive. All the theme park excersions were over $100 per person. They also have Kayaks (sorry if spelt wrong) and an airboat tour of the everglades. Thats the tour I wish I would have done, it looked really nice (They played a video of that excersion on the in room tv). And both of those tours were reasonably priced.

Me and my girlfriend decided for that day to stay on the boat. It was great. All the pools were empty, and we actully had the hot tub to ourselves for a very long time. And the slide was empty!! We must have done it like 10 times in a row w/out waiting. Other days the wait for the slide was long, and the hot tubs were full of kids splashing and jumping in.

Hope this helps!!!
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did the Everglades tour on another cruise and it was awesome! I highly recomend it. This time, we are considering the Fun In The Sun excursion that just went up on Carnival's website. They take you to a resort in Cocoa Beach, and you can use all the facilites there, including pool, water slide, and lazy river.

Old June 27th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Admiral

We went to an historic fort called Fort Christmas - it was admission by "donation" and very interesting. We also did a jet boat gator viewing tour - it was a hoot and we actually saw several gators - close up. TTFN Jennifer
Old June 28th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Take a ride out on the 520 Highway to the Lone Cabbage ...it's out in the glades...only about 1/2 from the port and 5 miles west of I95. You can go for an airboat ride that is REALLY good and they have some REALLY good seafood there. You can try frog legs and alligator tail and lots of other really good local food! The airboat ride is a whole lot of fun. You will fly over the swamps and be taken into the very dark dark waters of the glades where old old Florida is at its best!

Remember...The Lone Cabbage!

Old June 28th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Here's a link to the address for the Lone Cabbage. Check it out!
http://twisterairboatrides.tripod.com/index.html

Old June 28th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to DanDaMan7188

City walk in Orlando is fabulous!

-Daniel