Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Captain

Default what is the prior cruisers party

What kind of party do they have on Carnival for returning guests? Is it 1st day, and what is served....how about attire, what's expected there?

Conquest Nov-2003

Sensation

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: what is the prior cruisers party

Usually they have a cocktail party about an hour prior to dinner and usually (but not always) of formal night.. They serve drinks and snacks. They give away some gifts for most cruises, furthest traveled ect........ It's fun and hey - it's free drinks!
Old June 30th, 2004, 03:15 PM
tdysert

This party is usually held on the first formal night and is held just prior to dinner. The attire ranges from semi-formal to formal. Carnival serves various appetizers, including meatballs, mini quiche, won tons, mini egg rolls, and chicken strips. They also have servers carrying trays of various drinks. You can also go to the bars where the drinks are being served and order drinks directly from the bartenders. They're a fun way to get a start on your partying for the night and meet some fellow cruisers.
Old June 30th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Yeoman

i will be a past guest the next cruise i go on and i want to go to the party but the person going with me will be first timer for cruising. will she be able to go if i make special arrangements at the front desk??

Old June 30th, 2004, 06:26 PM
on_the_water

It's called the Repeater's Party on Carnival, and it takes place on the second formal night. The first formal night is always the Captain's Cocktail Party where you can meet the captain and have your picture taken with him if you like. They serve drinks and appetizers for everyone.

As you enter you are asked to give your invitation to a crew member at the door. They then enter all the invitations in a drawing for an expensive bottle of champagne. It's not the cheap stuff that they give away for everything else. The band plays and you can dance if you'd like, and they play a video explaining the history of Carnival and how it's gotten to where it is.

Dusty, you'll be able to bring in your friend if you want, and you don't need to make special arrangements with anyone. Just bring her with you and they'll allow her in. It's not that big a deal.
Old July 1st, 2004, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

the invitation left in our room said you could bring a date. it was actually addressed to our teen daughter, but my hubby & i went instead. we really were not past guests at the time, but didn't realize she could go due to her age. it's actually for any age i guess, b/c there were even young kids there. of course, they had punch, not booze! i tend to think that our whole family could have attended, but the kids probably would not have been interested anyway. they did have a live band playing a variety of music.
Old July 1st, 2004, 02:05 PM
First Mate

Free drinks ... hors 'doeurves ... live band ... dancing ... and a free bottle of that el cheapo champagne to one lucky past guest. As for attire, you'll see everything there ... from dress-up to deck clothes. It's a good time not to be missed. And, as always, bring your own fun!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit